This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hampton U chapter.

Ayanna Bozeman is a Strategic Communications major, Psychology minor from Milwaukee, WI. She is a member of the Golden Key National Honor Society, Zeta Phi Beta Sorority INC, Senior executive council: communications department, and Fresh Empire. Ayanna is also a YouTuber/Influencer where she vlogs and gives subscribers an inside look at her life. Keep reading to find out more about who Ayanna is behind the camera!  

HC: How did you get into YouTube? When did you start?

AB: I became a YouTuber solely because I loved YouTube. I enjoyed watching vlogs and videos, it’s like my TV and is what I do in my spare time. So, I decided why not make one for fun and just try it out, so I created my channel. I started in 2015 and plan to continue vlogging for a long time!

HC: How did you pull such a large fan base?

AB: When I first started YouTube, I didn’t have many subscribers, barely any views so I quit because I felt like no one cared enough and I felt as though my hard work was going to waste, so I decided to quit. I soon realized that was a dumb decision, I created a new YouTube channel, which eventually led to open doors and new and fresh opportunities! With all of this I was able to reach almost 40K subscribers currently.

HC: What do you want to do once you graduate college?

AB: Upon graduating college, I would like to continue my youtube career, launch my own jumpsuit line and possibly work in the entertainment field with BET, Twitter, VH1, E News and many other networks!

HC: Was your meet-and-greet successful in New York?

AB: My meet-and greet this past weekend was successful! Not only was I able to shed knowledge on the audience and answer their questions, but I was able to take lots of pictures and was able to have one on one conversations with subscribers!

HC: What internships have you had thus far?

AB: I had an internship with the City of Peoria Public Works facility as a communications intern. With this internship, I was able to work alongside the mayor on educational youth programs, creating media kits, writing press releases, and attending press conferences. I recently had an internship with Savoy Magazine working as an Mc/Host for their recently launched hip hop website (Kings and Drummers TV).

HC: You have a great sense of style…what are your favorite places to shop?

AB: Favorite places to shop would have to be, Top Shop, Zara, H&M, and Fashion Nova.

HC: What celebrity influences you the most?

AB: Beyoncé influences me because she’s a self-starter and she’s an overall hard worker. She’s beautiful on the inside and out and knows her worth. She is her own boss and a natural entertainer.

HC: What advice would you give to people who want to start YouTube channels?

AB: I would say that quality is everything! You must remain authentic and truly yourself, let your personality shine throughout your videos. Remain consistent, because consistency is key!!!

HC: If you had one person to collaborate with to do a vlog, who would you choose?

AB: I would want to collaborate with Liza Koshy because she is beautiful, confident,  genuine, authentic and entertaining.

Be sure to follow Ayanna on Instagram @Ayannaalexiss, and subscribe to her YouTube channel: Ayanna Alexis!

Samiyah Gaddy is a Junior Strategic Communications major, marketing minor from Plainfield, New Jersey. She is destined for excellence as both a public intellectual and a media personality.
Ania Cotton

Hampton U '18

Ania is a charismatic, outgoing, fun loving individual with aspirations of owning her own public relations firm. Her favorite shows are Spongebob, Regular Show, and Bob's Burgers, and she loves to eat. Ania graduated from Hampton University in May 2018 with her Bachelors of Arts in Strategic Communications with a minor in Spanish. Ania loves to talk and give advice to her friends and family; the motto that she lives by is to always be a blessing to others because you never know who may need it. To learn more about her, visit her website at www.anianicole.com.