This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hampton U chapter.

We’ve all been in quarantine for so long that TV shows are starting to look dull. Whether you enjoy binge-watching sci-fi specials, dramatic reality shows or laugh-out-loud sitcoms, there’s something exciting for everyone coming to the small screen this fall. Here are five exciting upcoming TV shows.

The Parkers

The early 2000s sitcom hit is coming to Netflix! The Parkers is a spin-off of the popular show Moesha. Kim Parker and her mother Nikki Parker both attend Santa Monica College. Kim must adapt to her new college life with her out-spoken mom having access to her friends, hangouts and parties. Nikki must adjust to her daughter becoming her own person. This throwback features comedian Mo’Nique along with Countess Vaughn and Dorien Wilson as Professor Oglevee. All five seasons are available to binge on Netflix Oct. 1.

The Bachelorette 

Bachelor Nation is taking a new approach to this drama-filled show. For the first time, The Bachelorette will feature an older star compared to other bachelorettes who were in their early 20s. Join Clare Crawley, a 39-year-old hairstylist from California find her true love. 31 men fighting for the love of one woman makes The Bachelorette the ultimate guilty pleasure. This reality show is great for hopeful romantics and drama queens. Clare’s season debuts Oct. 13 at 8 pm EST on ABC.

Tyler Perry’s Sistas

Sistas follows four single women living in Atlanta. What binds them together? Balancing their careers, friendship and love life. KJ Smith, Mignon Von, Ebony Obsidian, Novi Brown star in the hit Tyler Perry show. This dramatic comedy is perfect for laughing with your girlfriends. Season 2 begins Oct. 14 at 9 pm EST on BET.

Black-ish

The Emmy award show is back with a brand new season! The sitcom follows the Johnson family as they navigate work, school and family in a predominantly white setting. Black-ish conquers difficult topics with humor such as race in the workplace, the “N-word”, divorce, black hair and politics. Black-ish stars Anthony Anderson, Tracee Ellis Ross, Marcus Scribner, Marsai Martin, Miles Brown, Laurence Fishburne and Jenifer Lewis. Catch the season seven premiere Oct. 21 at 9:30 EST on ABC.

Star Wars: The Mandalorian

Baby Yoda returns for a second season! The Mandalorian and the Child continue their voyage, battling rivals and uniting allies as they make their way through the galaxy. This sci-fi drama stars Pedro Pascal, Gina Carano, Carl Weathers and Giancarlo Esposito. Season two will be released on Disney+ on Oct. 30.
Ryanne Howard

Hampton U '23

Ryanne Howard is a junior at Hampton University. She is a Strategic Communications major with a minor in Leadership Studies from Raleigh, North Carolina. At Hampton University she is a member of the William R. Harvey Leadership Institute as well as the Student Recruitment Team. Ryanne aspires to be a Public Relations Manager for a major company in the golfing industry.
I have the privilege to serve as Campus Correspondent for the Her Campus Hampton U Chapter a second year! I am a graduating Senior, Strategic Communications major, Marketing minor currently studying at the illustrious Hampton University. I am from Richmond, VA (shoutout to the 804!). In addition to classes, I run my own creative agency, Tiana Nichelle Marketing where I specialize in social media management, content creation, public relations, and branding. My love for the PR and Communications industry is the reason my ultimate goal is to become a celebrity publicist in the upcoming years! Her Campus Hampton U is an organization that is near and dear to me and I am so happy to be a leader of this ELITE chapter!