andrew neel 7crB2ccrmPo unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
andrew neel 7crB2ccrmPo unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Spring Date Ideas in DC

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GWU chapter.

It’s finally springtime and you scored a date! Or maybe the warm weather has you wanting to finally turn off that Netflix (at least for a little while), throw on a summer dress, and get out in the city with your significant other without having to take an Uber to escape the cold. Whether it’s a new fling or a long-term relationship, we’ve got some fun spring date ideas both you and your guy will love!

The Cherry Blossoms: A DC staple, the cherry blossoms are a perfect (and free) date spot. While taking a walk around the tidal basin, learn more about your new boy or ask a tourist to snap a new profile pic of you and your SO. Build up an appetite by making the trek to the Jefferson, and a grab a bite to eat together on the way back to campus!

The National Zoo: Winter’s over, which means you can turn off the Panda Cam and visit the giant pandas in real life. The National Zoo is free and in Adams Morgan, so spend your morning being a kid again and then wander around Wisconsin Avenue with your date and stop into one of the many ethnic restaurants for happy hour or dinner.

A Nationals Game: Warm weather means baseball and an activity both you and your date will love. Get some cheap tickets in the bleachers or watch out for student ticket deals and watch the Nationals play to win. Buy some ballpark snacks to share or invite some friends and turn it into a double date!

Happy Hour: Who doesn’t love happy hour? Spring makes happy hour even better with outdoor and rooftop options opening up. Try Mezze in Adams Morgan for a more romantic setting and half priced mojitos or Stoney’s in West End for a casual happy hour deal. The W rooftop has happy hour deals, late night bites, an amazing view of the city, and is a great spot to bring a new date or to go with someone you already love.

Paddle boating: If you and your date are feeling adventurous, head to the water and rent a kayak or paddle boat and take in the sights from the Potomac. It’s a sure way to create some memories and make all of your friends jealous!

The Georgetown Waterfront: Sometimes the classics are just the best. Walk through Georgetown and stop at Ben and Jerry’s or Georgetown Scoops to grab some ice cream and take it with you to the waterfront. Lay down a blanket and have a mini-picnic while people watching, cuddling, talking, and watching the sunset. 

Happy Spring, everyone!

I'm a junior at the George Washington Univeristy majoring in Marketing. My goal is to work in PR in DC. I love finding new happy hours, looking at dog adoption sites, and spending hours on Pinterest.