The Power of Mindfulness During Finals Week

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GWU chapter.

Finals season is upon us, which usually means endless amounts of studying and little time for ourselves. Lucky for you, we’ve got some awesome mindfulness tips to help reduce your finals stress from Christine Marcella, an expert in mindfulness and stress reduction. Christine is the Studio Manager at Recharj, a meditation and power nap studio located in downtown D.C., and is here to help us navigate this finals season with ease.

Here are some of Christine’s top tips for mindfulness during a stressful time: 

Began the day with mindfulness

Before starting your day, take a moment to be present and take it all in. Rather than racing through the morning, become more aware of your surroundings and enjoy the process of getting ready. 

Breathe

Practice taking deep breaths while walking, studying, cleaning, or getting ready. Breathing reduces stress by improving circulation and helps you stay energized throughout the day. 

Meditate 

Christine suggests starting off the day with a yoga or meditation practice. It doesn’t matter how long you do it — it could be 5 minutes, 15 minutes, or 30 minutes. Take the time to ground yourself and practice self care. 

Practice Kindness 

Kindness is the best stress reliever. Christine says that when you do something that’s kind and generous, the world opens up and allows you to do everything that you need to do.

For extra stress relief during finals season, try a mindful movement or deep sound class with Christine at Recharj

Here’s to a calmer, more relaxed finals season! 

.