This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GWU chapter.

We all have those days when our alarm goes off at 7:30 and we hit the “snooze” button about ten times until 7:50. We roll out of bed and just barely make it on time to our 8AM class. I don’t know about you, but the last thing that I want to worry about is what I’m going to wear. While there is no shame in rolling up to class in sweatpants and a sweatshirt, sometimes I want to look presentable. This is why I like to have easy, go-to outfits that I can throw on when I’m in a rush while still looking fashionable. I’ve come up with outfit ideas and hacks that will speed up your getting-ready process so that the next time you don’t get out of bed until 7:50, you will STILL make it on time for your 8AM. You’re welcome.

A classic… jeans and a white tee

When you don’t know what to wear, when and doubt throw on some jeans and a simple white tee. This look will never disappoint. It looks chic and put together even though you don’t have to think hard about it. 

A dress!

A dress is always a good option because it requires only one item of clothing and typically doesn’t require buttoning, zippering, or belting. This is definitely a time-saving hack! Whenever I see someone wearing a dress, I instantly think they have their sh*t together! 

Stay Comfy but Add Denim

As we move into the colder months, layering is essential. Don’t take off the sweatshirt that you slept in… just throw on a denim jacket over top of it. No one will know! 

Sporty-Chic 

The sporty-chic look is my favorite hack. Wearing athletic clothes is always the way to go because 1) it’s comfortable and 2) who doesn’t love a sporty gal? Grab your leggings or your joggers and you’re good to go! 

Add a hat 

Hide the fact that you just woke up with a hat! I always find myself grabbing for my Patriots hat (I’m from Boston, duh), my camo or my Patagonia hat

Edgy but basically wearing PJs 

Whenever I want to go for an edgy look, I wear an oversized graphic/band tee. You can get graphic tees from a thrift shop or Urban Outfitters. Wear your favorite black leggings and a graphic tee and you instantly have a fashionable-edgy outfit!

Accessorize

Adding accessories to a basic/casual outfit takes it to the next level! In my opinion, putting in hoop earrings (gold or silver, your choice!) spices up your look. You can find inexpensive hoops from Madewell or Francescas. Throw your hair up in a top knot and you’ve got yourself a look! 

Grace grew up in Boston and is a freshman at the George Washington University potentially studying Communications. You can find her horseback riding, catching up on her fave podcasts, or blasting music in her car.
Isabella grew up in Boston and is currently a student at The George Washington University studying International Business and Chinese. Her dream job is working as a journalist in New York, and she hopes to travel all over the world and study abroad in Shanghai. You can find her taking walks with her three Labradoodles or doing yoga with friends.