This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Gustavus chapter.

Everybody wants to have clear, perfect skin, but how do you get it? Here are a few tips to get you on the path to having healthy skin!

1. Try to only drink water.

Well okay, of course, you can have coffee and other drinks here and there, but try to limit yourself because the sugar content in drinks is a huge factor in your skin’s health. Keep your skin hydrated continuously by drinking water throughout the day. Carry a water bottle with you and refill often!

2. Use natural products and wash your face.

Find a product that has all-natural based oils and ingredients. Really look at the ingredients. I tend to purchase the majority of my products from LUSH. In the morning and before bed, I use the “Dark Angels” face and body cleanser. It is good for sensitive, oily, and acne-prone skin. When I want to refresh my face, I use either the “Cup O’ Coffee”, which wakes me up, or the “Rosy Cheeks” fresh face mask, which is super cool and calming.

3. Eat raw foods.

Stay away from super oily and greasy foods and say yes to vegetables and fruit! Unhealthy food equals clogged pores. Also, try eating pineapple and blueberries because they contain loads of antioxidants which help flush out pore-clogging substances.

4. Exercise.

Stress equals acne. Exercise is known to help reduce stress and it also helps you sweat out toxins.

5. Do your laundry.

Frequently wash your towels, hand towels, sheets, blankets, and pillowcases! You would be surprised just how much bacteria these collect, especially if you wear makeup and frequently forget to take it off.

6. Wash your makeup brushes.

This is something that I always forget to do, but it really does make a difference. Also, avoid using those Beauty Blenders because they collect bacteria like crazy!

7. Moisturize.

Find a lotion that smells good, is natural, and works well for your skin. Make sure to use it on a daily basis! Dry skin is the worst!

8. Don’t wear makeup if you don’t need to.

If you are lying in bed, wash your face and ditch the makeup. If you are going to the gym, wash your face. Seriously, ditch the makeup if you don’t need it and give your skin a break. Your skin will thank you!

Hey, I'm Corbyn Jenkins! I am a Junior at Gustavus Adolphus College majoring in English & minoring in Film & Media Studies. In my free time I enjoy art, photography, exploring, going to concerts, and spending time with my friends and family.