This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Guelph chapter.

This time of year can be hectic. You might be rushing to finish that last essay, planning meetings to work on a substantial group project, or busy organizing your study notes for final exams. Here are three ways to unwind and take a break to get through these stressful times!

1. Watch your favourite movie or TV show

(Image Source)

It can be incredibly relaxing to watch a movie or an episode or two of your favourite TV show. Shows and movies can really help to take your mind off of things and slip into another world for an hour or two. This can also help you relax before you go to bed after a long day of classes and schoolwork, as it provides you with a peaceful transition period between working and sleeping.

2. Exercise

(Image Source)

Walking, running, lifting weights and swimming are all fantastic ways to de-stress! Exercise can also help take your mind off of your coursework and focus on your surroundings. Getting outside is particularly important after a long day of studying or writing, and I find getting out of the house for a bit also helps me focus better when I return to my schoolwork.

3. Talk to or hang out with family/friends

(Image Source)

Grabbing sushi or having Sunday morning coffee with friends or family members can also be a fantastic way to relax and take your mind off your courses. They may even be able to suggest some ways to stay focused or approach an assignment if you are struggling!

It’s also extremely important to remember to eat lots of fruits and vegetables, drink water and aim for seven to eight hours of sleep per night. These small, simple things can also help you stay healthy and energized as you complete these last few weeks of the semester. Good luck!

Guelph Contributor Account for writers at the University of Guelph!