Tackle Your Tasks With These Helpful Tips

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Guelph chapter.

We all know how difficult the school life can be, stemming anywhere from managing your time wisely with your classes, making me-time, going on a date with that really cute guy from your lab, or working your part-time job. There is just so much to handle as a student and sometimes it feels like there are really never enough hours in the day to do it. I am sharing this post with you all to help you better organize your lifestyle and allow you to get these things done within a reasonable time frame. Follow these helpful tricks to get your tasks completed and allow you to feel less stressed!

Buy an agenda

First, all of your “to-do” things may seem extremely tedious and time-consuming in your head but trust me, you can tackle them all once you write them down. I recommend buying an agenda. Although this may seem pretty basic or obvious, it has really helped me throughout my undergrad. Purchase a friendly and colorful looking agenda that even has fun memes or stickers inside which will make scheduling tasks more eventful and creative!

Make a priority list 

Schedule your tasks from least to most important and tackle them as you go. What I personally like to do is slot down a time frame for each task as well (example: English notes from 2-3:30pm). Also, check mark them as you go so you know which one’s you have completed.

Wake up a little earlier each day

Set your alarm maybe half hour to an hour earlier each day and get a head start on your long list of tasks. I promise once you’ve dedicated yourself to waking up earlier each day, your days will seem so much longer, giving you ample time to complete tasks.  

Please schedule me-time/breaks

I have expressed this in my other article before but, self-care is the most important thing in the world! If you do not take care of your mental and physical self-first, how do you expect to take on more demanding tasks? Schedule at least half hour breaks between two to three hours at a time, to watch a YouTube video or go to the gym. You will feel more accomplished once you take care of yourself too!

Carly is in fifth year at Univeristy of Guelph studying English and Family and Child Studies. Carly has a passion for writing, travelling and family. When Carly isn't writing for Her Campus or studying you can find her playing guitar, with friends or somewhere around the globe! Follow her on Instagram @carlyholmstead