samantha gades BlIhVfXbi9s unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
samantha gades BlIhVfXbi9s unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Wellness

Little things you can do to ease some stress and take care of yourself

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Guelph chapter.

Here are some simple things you can do to relieve some stress during this coming exam season:

1. Get a notebook for all of your passing thoughts.  You can also write notes in your phone.  This is especially helpful when you’re stressed because it provides a way for you to quickly jot things down and keep all of those thoughts in one place, so that you can refer back to them at a later point.

2. Take a break from your phone or computer screen every hour, and take a couple of minutes to drink some water, stretch, and give your eyes a break.

3. Take a break by listening to a song that you enjoy or that you feel fits your current mood.

4. If you’re feeling dehydrated and you don’t seem to drink enough water, try taking a few sips every hour during the day. Make sure to refill your bottle as soon as it’s empty so that you can continue to drink a little at a time.  This can make it easier to fall into a routine and you’ll feel more refreshed and awake.

5. Rinse your face with some warm water.  It can help you feel a little less sluggish and tired.

6. Take a moment to tidy and organize your desk space, even if it means that you’re just making stacks of papers or re-arranging things.

7. Wash the dirty dishes that you may have in your room.  If that is where you spend a lot of your time, it can be nice to deal with one of your stressors.

fourth-year student at the University of Guelph, studying theatre and music
Guelph Contributor Account for writers at the University of Guelph!