Here are some simple things you can do to relieve some stress during this coming exam season:
1. Get a notebook for all of your passing thoughts. You can also write notes in your phone. This is especially helpful when you’re stressed because it provides a way for you to quickly jot things down and keep all of those thoughts in one place, so that you can refer back to them at a later point.
2. Take a break from your phone or computer screen every hour, and take a couple of minutes to drink some water, stretch, and give your eyes a break.
3. Take a break by listening to a song that you enjoy or that you feel fits your current mood.
4. If you’re feeling dehydrated and you don’t seem to drink enough water, try taking a few sips every hour during the day. Make sure to refill your bottle as soon as it’s empty so that you can continue to drink a little at a time. This can make it easier to fall into a routine and you’ll feel more refreshed and awake.
5. Rinse your face with some warm water. It can help you feel a little less sluggish and tired.
6. Take a moment to tidy and organize your desk space, even if it means that you’re just making stacks of papers or re-arranging things.
7. Wash the dirty dishes that you may have in your room. If that is where you spend a lot of your time, it can be nice to deal with one of your stressors.