This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Guelph chapter.

Coming from a country renowned for its heat, I know a thing or two about summer skincare.

A-Beauty is having a moment. It’s all about products that are no-fuss, effective, and clean. As an Australian, here are my top eight brands and my favourite products made by them. They’re all perfect for getting you through the warmer months and the best part is that you can get your hands on all of them in America and Canada!

• Go-To Skincare

(Source )

This is definitely my favourite skincare brand. They’re affordable, clean, and get the job done. Plus, everything is pink. The majority of my skincare routine consists of their products, but if I were to pick out a few favourites, they’d be the Exfoliating Swipeys, the Face Hero, the Lips!, the Super Handy, and the Transformazing. This is kind of the majority of their products – but whatever. They’re currently stocked in Sephora.

• Frank Body

(Source)

This is probably my second favourite skincare brand. Like Go-To, these guys are also affordable, clean, and effective. Can you tell that’s the way to my heart? Most people – and even their dog – have heard about the Frank Body scrubs and trust me, it’s worth the hype. They’ve actually come out with a limited edition A-Beauty Scrub jammed full of great Aussie ingredients. I, for one, will be stockpiling it. I’m also a huge fan of their face scrub, lip scrub, and lip balm. Americans can find their products in-store at Ulta, Urban Outfitters or Bloomingdales, and there’s also a Canadian site.

• Lanolips

(Source)

Ah, Lanolips. An Australian staple. I’m on the clean beauty train, so not all of their products are my cup of tea. That being said, their lip treatments are their OG product and are one of my holy grails. Their 101 treatment is both nourishing and protecting while working on lips, skin, cuticles, and more. Americans can find their products in Anthropologie, Ulta or Nordstrom, while it’s available in Sephora for Canadians.

• Edible Beauty

(Source)

Yep, you read that right. Edible. That’s how clean this brand is committed to making its products. I’m a huge fan of their sleeping mask and could rave about it for days. They’re available in Sephora and Onda Beauty, or you can purchase them directly through their site.

• Kora Organics

(Source)

Unfortunately, using these products won’t make you look like Miranda Kerr. I know- I’m sad about it too. I’m personally a big fan of their Noni face balm and want to get my hands on their sleeping mask ASAP. Their products are available at Sephora, both in the US and in Canada. They’re also available in some clean beauty stores like The Detox Market in Canada.

• MooGoo

(Source)

I stumbled across this brand in an Australian pharmacy (our version of a drugstore- can you really buy beer in yours?!) and boy am I thankful for it. They state that they don’t use ingredients like phenoxyethanol and encourage people to look at the ingredients list in the products they use daily; truly a brand after my heart. I’m a big fan of their lip balms (I’ll always get excited over a physical SPF lip balm) and saw results from their milk wash after only using it for a few days. You can get their products online; they have their own US site or you can ship to Canada using their Australian site.

• Lucas’ Papaw Ointment

(Source)

This is a product you’ll probably find in most Australian women’s handbags. I’ve collected at least three tubs over the past few years. There’s been a debate over the effectiveness of petroleum jelly throughout the years, so let’s set the record straight. This isn’t a nourishing balm, but a protective one. It’s perfect for cuts and scrapes, protecting your lips from the wind, or helping pimples heal. They have an online store for North America or you can buy it through Amazon.

• P’ure

(Source)

I’ll admit that as a die-hard Lucas’ fan, I blew this brand off at first as a bad Lucas’ Papaw Ointment knockoff. But after reading the ingredients list of their Papaya and Calendula lip balm and trying it out for myself, it’s become of my favourite products. It’s packed full of nourishing ingredients and is a perfect balm for summer because it’s not too thick. I’ll confess, this one is slightly harder to get your hands on, but you can order it off Goop or Amazon.

xo Dominique

Dominique is an Australian journalism student currently on exchange at the University of Guelph. She has previously worked as the editor of her Australian university's magazine and as an intern at Style Magazines. She's passionate about clean skincare, books, food and travel. You can find her on Instagram @dominiquetassell or check out her blog at www.dominiquetassell.com
Emilie Kelly is the University of Guelph's Chapter Co-Correspondent! She is a Phase 1 OVC student who loves to spend her time with horses, cats, dogs, cows; you name it! (That does indeed make her an Aggie!) You can contact her in French, English, or even Japanese.