This Week in What I Watched on Netflix: “Behind Her Eyes”

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GSU chapter.

Behind Her Eyes is a six-episode series that aired on February 17 on Netflix.

This thriller was definitely a nail-biter and had me up until 3 am watching even though I had to work the next morning. The show is about a married couple and a girl named Louise who participates in an affair with the husband, David, and befriends his wife, Adele. The couple had their fair share of issues, but Louise described the situation as that she was “cheating on both of them” and to me she definitely was! 

netflix logot on tv
Photo by Thibault Penin from Unsplash

I won’t spoil the plot of the mini-series because I definitely recommend that you watch it for yourself, but I can share an important tidbit that I learned from it.

First and foremost, always follow a person’s actions and not their words. If you’re anything like me, you always want to see the good in someone. This is something that Louise mentioned in the series. She could easily side with Adele and how she may have felt from a woman’s perspective, but she also got to know David and she could see that there was something more than he was dealing with (which the audience can see as well). But in situations like these, I think it is just so important to imagine what the ideal situation for you looks like and if you aren’t receiving that, just go ahead and kick it to the curb.

WOC watching TV
Photo by Tolu Bamwo from Nappy
Aside from the intense drama and chilling scenes, the series gave a lot of insight into different perspectives such as mental health and addiction, which I personally enjoyed. If you like thrillers mixed with romance mixed with crazy plot twists at the end, I definitely recommend this series.

Hello all! I'm Myiera and I am a third-year Psych Major at Georgia State University. I am an aspiring nurse, but ever since I was in the ninth grade I loved to write. Although it's now more something I do for self-care, I think that Her Campus is the perfect outlet for me to empower other women while doing something I love.
The GSU chapter of Her Campus