Valentines Day Hub Hero R1?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
Valentines Day Hub Hero R1?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Career

Top 5 Black Businesses to Support for Valentine’s Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GSU chapter.

Valentine’s Day is quickly approaching. It’s a season of love and gratitude for someone you love and even yourself. We love to give that same support to amazing black businesses that are working to give us some beautiful gifts. Let’s take a dive in the top five businesses to support for Valentine’s Day.

The word LOVE in balloons
Photo by Cottonbro from Pexels

1. Love Vera

Love Vera is co-owned by Vera Nicole. Love Vera is a lingerie company that focuses on body empowerment and self-love in all shapes, tones, colors and sizes. This would be the perfect spot to find sexy lingerie for yourself or someone else. The site is currently having a 20% off deal on their multiple collections. Check out their Valentine’s Day collection here.

Her Campus / Addie Abujade

2. Trufflin

If you love truffles or know someone who does, this brand is for you! Trufflin’s founders are Cornelious Robinson and Liv Woudstra-Robinson, who have worked in the culinary field for years. The recipes of their truffles originate from South France and are very rich in taste. It is truly exquisite! Their truffles are currently 15% off for their 5th Anniversary Celebration.

3. Layze Girl Designs

Chalay Chandler is the founder of Layze Girl Designs, which is a brand that creates t-shirts, cards, and many other products. The most amazing thing about this company is that Chalay Chandler creates and illustrates these herself. They have some beautiful Valentine’s Day cards for about five dollars on her website. These cards not only display black love, but also they display love in the LGBTQ community.  The collection can be found here.

4. Gilded

Gilded was founded by Blair Armstrong, who is a graduate of Emory University’s Physician’s Assistant Program. Gilded is a business that’s filled with candles and skin care products. Gilded is focused on their skincare initiative, which focuses on “working to reduce dermatologic health disparities and increase access to care by providing virtual and in person access to dermatologic care for uninsured and low income women and children.”

5. Tal & Bert

Tal & Bert is founded by couple Ray and Val Talbert. If you or someone you know loves plants and stones, this is the business for you. Ray and Val Talbert create breathtaking vessels perfect for air plants and candles. They are made with raw natural minerals and industrial concrete.

These black businesses are committed to creating quality goods for their audience. From plants to skincare, you are truly in for a Valentine’s treat by supporting them. Enjoy your day and Happy Valentine’s Day! 

Chasity Drake is a senior at Georgia State University. She is currently studying journalism with a minor in psychology. In Chasity's free time, she loves to write poetry and short stories.
The GSU chapter of Her Campus