sharon mccutcheon 8lnbXtxFGZw unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
sharon mccutcheon 8lnbXtxFGZw unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Tips On How To Save Money As A College Student

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GSU chapter.
As a college student there are always questions that we have about money. How will we pay for our next meal? How will we pay for school?
How will we pay for shoes or clothes when we need them? However, I got just a few tips on how you can save money and not worry too
much about how will you buy books for class. Or not worry too much about how you will pay for for food.

Books:

All college students have to buy a book at some point throughout their college career.

So it is only just the matter of where can I find my books cheap so I can be one step closer to graduation?

There are a lot of options when it comes to buying books.

You can rent your books which is cheaper and more affordable than buying them.

Plus you will only open the book for the one semester and never look at the book again.

These are some websites where you can find your textbooks:

Chegg.com (free shipping if you spend $50 or more)

Amazon.com (prime membership for students with free two day shipping, can try the free trial)

Valorebooks.com (save up to 90% on textbooks)

Knetbooks.com (save up to 85% on textbooks)

Discounts:

When you go shopping you should look for discounts or shop on the sales rack.

If you are online shopping you should click the sales link because you can always find super cheap, cute things that are on sale.

You can even get discounts on laptops if you need one for the times when you do not desire to go to the library so you can study or do homework  in your room.

Student discounts are always a good thing because not only will you get something nice, you will be saving so much money. A lot of websites have student discount codes:

Unidays.com (has a list of discount codes and websites to use)

Microsoft Office (student and faculty discounts for all office products)

Charlotte Russe(10% off all merchandise at participating stores)

Apple ($200 off a new Mac)

Be Smart:

You should always try to save up a little money here and there just in case you need it for a rainy day.

You should also be careful and watch your money. Do not squander away your money.

If you know you should not be blowing away money that you barely have then do not do it.

You always have to look at the bigger picture which is you need to save money so you can survive another day.

The GSU chapter of Her Campus