Style > Beauty

Simple Everyday Makeup Products

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GSU chapter.

If you’re like most college students, then you’d rather sleep in a few extra minutes than spend an excessive amount of time getting ready in the morning. Here’s a list of a few everyday makeup products that I put together that will make your makeup routine quick and easy, while also enhancing your natural beauty. Before we continue, having a skincare routine in place is going to be your best friend. Making sure your skin is prepped and moisturized before makeup is going to give your skin that glow from within and is also a great base for makeup.

Concealer

First product I recommend having in your collection is concealer. This is for anyone who would like to cover any blemishes, redness, or under eye circles. If you’re looking for an affordable concealer, e.l.f. hydrating camo concealer is a great option. Not only is it a great price, but the formula is also moisturizing and full coverage. A little bit of this product goes a long way.

Face Powder

Next product is face powder. After the concealer you’re going to want to set what you just applied so it stays on through the day. Powder is also good for people with oily skin or for those who are looking to keep their oily skin at bay for the day. I recommend the Neutrogena SkinClearing Mineral Powder. It’s non-comedogenic, meaning it’s not going to clog your pores or cause any acne. This powder also leaves a natural finish on the skin. Another option is the Maybelline Fit Me Matte and Poreless Powder. This powder also doesn’t clog pores and is a better fit for those with oilier skin.

baked blush
Ulta Beauty

Blush

Blush! Oh, how I love blush. Blush has been a go to product of mine for years. It really pulls together a makeup look making it seems like you took your time and put in effort with your makeup, which I love because the blush does all the work. I recommend buying a baked blush with luminosity, so you can get a blush and highlighter in one giving you a radiant look. Baked blush will give color and life to your skin. A favorite in the beauty community has been Milani Baked Blush in the shade Luminoso. They have a great range of shades depending on your complexion and preferences.

Now onto the eyes!

Eyebrow Pencil 

When it comes to eyebrows, there are a lot of different eyebrow products. I understand everyone has different eyebrows meaning different products might not work the same or give the effect you want it to. I always find an eyebrow pencil to suit everyone’s needs. It comes with a spoolie attached to it making it super convenient to do your eyebrows before heading out the door. The e.l.f. Instant Lift Eyebrow Pencil is the best option when it comes to the price and the color payoff.

Eyebrow Mascara 

Another eyebrow product I would recommend is eyebrow mascara. You can go ahead and put this after applying the eyebrow pencil or you can put it on by itself on the brows. I love eyebrow gel especially when I do not feel like putting too much makeup on. It adds color, shape, and definition to your natural eyebrows, which is perfect for every day. The eyebrow mascara I recommend is from Maybelline and it’s called the Express Brow Fast Sculpt Gel Brow Mascara. This also comes in clear just in case anyone is worried their eyebrows might look too dark.

Eyelash Mascara 

The last product I recommend for your makeup collection is a good mascara along with a lash curler. Even on mornings when you don’t feel like putting mascara on, curling your lashes is enough. However, for those days you want your eyes to stand out, I recommend applying Maybelline Lash Sensational. It makes lashes look longer and gives them volume while staying put throughout the day.

I hope this helps anyone looking to enhance their natural beauty in a quick and easy way. I look forward to seeing how this helps everyone!

Hello everyone! I'm Sarah Torres, an anthropology major and marketing minor at GSU. I am also a proud Cuban and Dominican. Writing is a big hobby of mine and I hope you guys enjoy my writing this year!