If you’re an adamant reader, you know that you set goals for how many books or what specific books you want to read by the end of the year every year. I personally choose distinct books instead of a certain number.
Not only did I want to make sure they were diverse, but I also wanted to make sure I tried books that aren’t generally on my radar. Here are the five books I want to make sure I read by the end of the year.
- I’m already a huge Sarah J. Maas fan, so this fantasy fiction was a book that I made sure to have on my list. It is a thick book with 800 pages, so I need to make room in my schedule to finish this in a reasonable amount of time. I’ve watched a few booktubers rant and rave about this book, so hopefully, it meets the standard I expect from Sarah J. Maas.
- This book is more of a historical piece, and I love history. Brit Bennet, the author of The Vanishing Half, wrote the foreword for “Passing,” which made me buy this book. Plus, the two books share significant similarities, so I thought I would give this book a shot. So far, with this one, I have not been disappointed.
- The cover of this book is what made me purchase it and put it on my list. I saw this young adult fiction while walking in a bookstore, and I was intrigued. This is my first time reading Kemp’s work, so I don’t know what to expect.
- Dominicana was a historical fiction that I heard about for a while, but it didn’t grab my attention. I read one chapter of it and never really picked it up again until now. After watching several youtube videos relating to the book, I made it my mission to give this book another chance and finish it.
- Just like Dominicana, I wasn’t sold on this book at first. I would walk past it several times while in Target, and one day I just decided to pick it up. In my opinion, the worst thing that can happen is that I end up not liking this contemporary romance, which is common when trying something new.
These books are not only culturally different, but also they belong to different genres. I can’t wait to crack these books open and experience the greatness I heard so much about. My goal is to have these books finished by December. Hopefully, that will come true. I recommend you try these books out for yourself as well. Step out and read something that usually isn’t your style. You never know where it can take you.