Podcasts That Helped Me Through My College Years

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GSU chapter.

Podcasting has become extremely popular lately and I love it. I personally listen to a wide range of podcasts, from crime to fashion. My favorite type of podcasts are the ones geared towards women like me in their twenties. I find that they uplift me and teach me a lot about being a woman in this generation. They also keep me entertained for those long far walks on campus.

Here are my top podcast recommendations for young, college women.

“Crying In Public”

Crying in public is a podcast hosted by Sydni Wynter and Sarah Hodgson. They are two 20-something, college women living in NYC. They talk about different things from life in NYC and dating to career and finances.  These two women keep it all the way honest and authentic to themselves, which I love.

“Thick & Thin”

This podcast is hosted by Katy Bellotte. In this podcast, she shares advice, personal experiences, and laughs. Overall she talks about the good times and the bad times every woman will have in their life and how to overcome them.

“Dare to Lead with Brene Brown”

Based on her book by the same title. Brene Brown hosts a mix of solo episodes and conversations with prominent leaders who actively make a change in our world. I find this podcast very motivational, and it leaves me personally energized to go after my goals and desires.

“Busy Blooming”

This podcast is hosted by Tessa Barclay. She talks about all things post-grad, which I find extremely helpful. The topics include finances, identity, personal/professional goals, and self-love. I find her to be very motivational and so relatable. 

“The Real Reel”

Natalie Barbu hosts “The Real Reel”, and her overall theme is talking about everything real. So real life, real people, and real careers. She wants to show her audience Instagram is just a highlight reel, not real life.

I definitely recommend you listen to these podcasts because they are full of wisdom, laughs, motivation, and truth. They have helped me navigate my way through college, and as I enter into my last semester of school, they have helped me prepare for post-grad and life itself

Amber is a senior at the J. Mack Robinson College of Business, Georgia State University. She is passionately working towards a Bachelor of Business Administration in Marketing. She is a fast learner who enjoys trying new things and analyzing any problem. She is the Social Media Co-Chair for Her Campus GSU and the VP of Advertising for American Marketing Association GSU Chapter. Amber is currently looking for marketing opportunities in social media, tech, and other related fields. In her free time, you can find her either reading, listening to a podcast, or watching Netflix.