This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GSU chapter.

Valentine’s Day is approaching, ladies! This day typically revolves around us, but the special men in our lives deserve appreciation as well. Although sex is a great gesture, most men like receiving thoughtful gifts on Valentine’s Day. The big question is what should we get them?! Men can be so unpredictable which makes gift-giving a challenge. With some research and advice from a few men, we got some extra insight about the perfect Valentine’s Day gift for your fella. 

1. A framed photograph of you two. Unlike food or clothes, a picture lasts forever. Every day, your man will look at the picture and reminisce about the beautiful times you have shared. It will remind him of why and how much he loves you, and vice versa. When I asked a friend, Jeremiah, why a framed picture for Valentine’s Day is a great gift he explained, “I know that my girlfriend put a lot of thought into her gift. It meant a lot to me. I have it hung on my wall and look at it every day.” This gift is very thoughtful and inexpensive, too!

Source

2. Men love cologne! Every girl loves a man that smells good. Go to your nearest Macy’s or fragrance store and smell different scents. Pick a cologne with a similar scent to one he already uses. Most importantly, choose a cologne you’d love to smell your man in! Prices will range from $30 to $300 (if you’re trying to break the bank). This gift will show your significant other that you pay attention to the small details, such as their scent.

Source

3. A silk durag for all of my black kings. Ladies, if your boyfriend has waves, he will LOVE a silk durag. To spice things up, buy him a silk AND velvet durag. A Highsnobiety style staff writer said, “A durag not only preserves the brushing but through consistent wearing, gives the effect of ‘waves’ wherein your hair creates a radial effect from the crown.” Recently, durags have been used as a fashion accessory for men. Designer durags are a massive trend in men’s fashion right now. Prices can range from $3 to $150. Your partner will use this gift every day and be reminded of how much you care about him and his waves. Trust, hair (especially waves) is the most important physical feature to a black man. You can never go wrong with this gift!

Source

4. Edible Arrangements! Believe it or not, men love flowers too. What’s better than flowers? Fruits in the shape of flowers. This gift shows that you care about your significant other and their health. A student at Morehouse College, Siah, said, “I love fruits and flowers. Both of them are the perfect combo, plus I love chocolate covered strawberries.” You can also write a special note with an edible arrangement where you can tell your boyfriend how much he means to you. This gift ranges from $40 to $150. Help your boyfriend be more nutritious while showing him your appreciation.

Source

Valentine’s Day is another day you get to show your significant other great appreciation. Your boyfriend will value any of the gifts mentioned above. Nevertheless, the thought and gesture of gift-giving are what matters the most. He will appreciate it because it is coming from you! Have a happy Valentine’s Day, lovers!

Aspiring Beauty Editor!