Meet the Greeks: Omega Psi Phi Fraternity, Incorporated

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GSU chapter.

Organization: Omega Psi Phi Fraternity, Inc.

Chapter: Zeta Theta chapter

Organization Date Founded: November 17, 1911 on the campus of Howard University

Interviewee name: Aaron Richards 

Interviewee Classification: Senior

Her Campus GSU: Why did you choose Omega Psi Phi?

AR: This fraternity is everything that I have known. Ever since I was born I been around Omegas, so everything that I see and everything that they displayed is something I really strived to live up to. When I got the opportunity to join it just felt like the right thing to jump into those shoes.

HCG: What makes this brotherhood special for you?

AR:  I can connect on a family level and also, having the opportunity to be with forward thinking men that strive to be the best at everything they do and whatever avenue they try to choose.

HCG: Did you think that would be a member of this organization? If yes – why? If uncertain- why?

AR: I wouldn’t say I wasn’t uncertain. I mean it’s something that I worked hard for and so I had the confidence to reach for it and so I was fortunate enough to be chosen.

HCG: What is one moment that you wish you could relive with your fraternity?

AR: My probate would have to be a moment that I wish I could relive thus far.

HCG: Compared to when you first became a member, how has Omega Psi Phi impacted your growth in college?

AR: One way I have grown is being opened to not always trying to take the lead in everything and putting my trust in other people to get the job done you know often times we are tasked with something and we don’t feel confident enough to entrust all of it to some person but I have to back up and let that person do what they signed up to do.

HCG: What type of legacy do you want Omega Psi Phi to leave on the GSU campus?

AR: The legacy that our founders put before us manhood, scholarship, perseverance, and uplift that’s something that we hold to the highest standard and if we can convey that message to each student here at Georgia State I think that’s the best legacy that we can offer.

HCG: What is Omega Psi Phi looking forward to most this year?

Connecting with the student body I know we have a select group of students that we connect with but in order to spread our message and spread our goal of friendship throughout the university community, I think that is what’s going to benefit us this semester.  

For more updates on the Thundering Zeta Theta chapter of Omega Psi Phi Fraternity, Inc. be sure to follow these men on Instagram @zetathetaques!

Hi everyone! My name is Bri'a and I'm majoring in political science with a concentration in pre-law. I'm a Virgo and my favorite color is money green because I love money of course. I also love to write and have a voice about things that I am passionate about.
The GSU chapter of Her Campus