Meet the Court: GSU’s Homecoming Press Conference

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GSU chapter.

Homecoming week is almost upon us! On Thursday, October 12, Spotlight hosted a press conference for the 2017 GSU Homecoming Royal Court in order for the student body to get to know the candidates a bit better. First, the Spotlight board went over the various homecoming events coming up next week including Good Morning Georgia State, the Golf Cart Parade, and the Homecoming Ball at Fernbank Museum. Then, each candidate was allowed a few minutes to introduce themselves, give a speech, and elaborate on why they are running for court. The nominees spoke as follows:

Miss Blue and White:

Pia Green

Asia Haywood

Kaylah Oates-Marable

Mr. Blue and White:

Brandon Cain

Anderson Dorvil

Donnell Ray

Miss Georgia State:

Odoyemi Fonville

Adriann Stinson

Norae Woodard

Mr. Georgia State:

Justin Adams

Temitope Ibisanmi

Ryan Martin

The press conference was rounded out with a short Q & A session followed by some delicious red velvet cake and punch! Just so you know, court voting opens on Monday, October 16 and closes Friday, October 20 at noon. You can find the voting form through your GSU OrgSync account!

**Photo credit, Georgia State University 

My name is Dymond and I'm a marketing major at GSU. When I'm not writing, I'm off somewhere curled up reading a book, taking pictures of my dog, and binge-watching Queer Eye and American Horror Story on Netflix. I also write for my own lifestyle blog for college women of color and I'm a member of the Theta Beta chapter of Phi Mu Fraternity.
The GSU chapter of Her Campus