Wellness

In The Life of Quarantine: From Uncertainty to Productivity

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GSU chapter.

If you were to ask students about their summer plans in February, stay-at-home orders would not be a part of that agenda. The spread of COVID-19 has disrupted our way of life and postponed many plans. Classes have been moved online, businesses are financially stagnant or declining and a wave of panic and anxiety has spread across the nation. 

I am one of many who have had difficulty adjusting to this new way of life. Prior to the quarantine beginning, I relied on a regular class schedule to hold me accountable for completing my assignments. Now that going to class is not an option anymore, developing a routine became harder. 

The longer I stayed in bed, the less time I had to complete my work. Without a routine, I began sleeping in until 3 p.m. and procrastinating. Overall, laziness dominated my schedule. I knew I needed to change in order to finish the semester on a good note.

Here are some ideas I added to my schedule that have already shown results:    

1. Include yoga or exercise into your daily routine. After praying, I dedicate about ten minutes of my morning or evening towards stretching or practicing yoga. This prepares my mind to study and take on the day. At the end of the day, yoga helps unwind the mind before going to bed. 

Cameron Smith-Barcelona Spain Abroad Beach Water Sea Sunny Summer Paddleboard Dog Man Relax Blue.Jpg
    Cameron Smith / Her Campus

2. Partake in activities that enhance your spiritual growth. Praying gives you a chance to restore hope in current circumstances as well as develop a sense of peace in our hearts. 

3. Be careful about what you put in your body. During this stressful time, it’s easier to turn towards food for comfort. 

4. Take short breaks in between activities. I got tired of spending more time staring at the assignment than completing it. Once I started incorporating breaks every twenty or thirty minutes, I noticed that I was refreshed enough to complete tasks in a timely manner.  

5. Don’t be afraid to rest. While it is important to stay productive, these times call for a chance to relax. Get adequate rest.   

Woman sitting in front of computer
engerpic.com

It is never too late to change your habits. Take this time to reflect and prepare for life post-quarantine. Take this as an opportunity to better yourself, your relationships, your career goals and your grades. 

be the change you wish to seek. atl | gsu
The GSU chapter of Her Campus