This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GSU chapter.

Dear Freshman Me,

This is the time of your life.

This is when it all begins.

The next four years will set the pace for the rest of your life.

Work Tirelessly.

You know that your most valued achievements come from your hardest work. Don’t be afraid to do what it takes, even if you don’t immediately see the end goal.

Be Wholehearted.

NEVER do anything with half of your heart. Dedicate yourself to your work, and fulfill everything’s purpose.

Love Endlessly.

Let your love show. Love isn’t meant to be felt, it’s meant to be expressed. Express love in your art, in your work, and in your relationships.

Live Unapologetically.

Allow your light to shine. It’s okay to be self-aware. Do what satisfies you because when it’s all said and done, you’re the only one who has to live with your decisions.

Follow Your Heart.

Take risks. Life isn’t meant to be logical. As long as you do what you’re heart tells you, you’ll never feel incomplete.

The world is at your disposal. You have the power to create your destiny. You have the power to change your life. Let your passions fuel your actions and you’ll be satisfied with the outcome every time. You won’t have it all figured out and you won’t get it right on the first try every time, but that’s okay. You’re resilient. Figure out your own measure of success, and achieve accordingly. Your accomplishments are incomparable. Step outside of your comfort zone and make it happen. None of the greats became successful by playing it safe.

Lastly, Have Fun.

Create memories that will last you a lifetime.

Love,

Graduating Me

Chinelo Okona is a senior marketing major at Georgia State University. As an aspiring couturier, Chinelo enjoys writing, blogging, sewing, and fashion photography.
The GSU chapter of Her Campus