This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GSU chapter.

New Year’s resolutions can be a hit or miss. You aim to attend the gym at least three times a week, or maybe you decide you’re going to tackle some of that credit card debt you let pile up last year. Nevertheless, you actually find yourself making your way to the gym weekly and making more than the minimum payment on your credit cards. That is, for the first couple of weeks of January. The momentum dies down. Similar to how the rush after drinking a cup of coffee vanishes in such a short amount of time. That in-the-moment thrill has you energized and ready to take on everything, but it is only short lived. There isn’t always going to be an active force to make you do what you said you were going to do. So, on those days where it is a little more difficult to get things done, tell yourself to keep that same energy.

Remember why you started. Remember why you chose to go after the goals you decided on. By staying dedicated, determined, and diligent in accomplishing such aspirations, you are doing yourself a favor when it comes to building your empire. Just imagine where you will be, physically, one year from now if you stay consistent with your gym and healthy eating habits; Or financially if you pay off your credit cards and make it a routine to deposit $20 in your savings account monthly, and even mentally and spiritually after reading a few books, and writing and speaking daily affirmations. It is possible. 

Some days will be easier than others, but on the days where you’d rather stay in the midst of procrastination, remind yourself to keep that same energy. 

Jada is an alumna of Georgia State University. She graduated with a bachelor's degree in Global Studies.
The GSU chapter of Her Campus