This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GSU chapter.

This week’s cutie is one of the most fashionable girls on campus. You may have seen her dancing, thrifting, or having events with her community service, fashion-based organization. She’s always about her business and looks flawless while doing it. Meet Jade!

Name: Jade DeJean

Year: senior

Major: Business Managerial Science

Hometown: Queens, NY

Activities: dance, shopping, styling

Relationship Status: Taken

Instagram: @JadeAlexiis

Why did you choose to attend GSU?

“It wasn’t my first choice, but I decided to come here because of their Business program. I want to own my own businesses, so I said I might as well come here. Their program is one of best in the nation.”

What do you plan to do with your major?

“After school, I want open up my own clothing store and eventually open up a dance studio. So, basically with that I want to know the business side of anything that I want to do in the future.”

Are you involved on campus?

“Yes, currently I am the Executive Assitant/Vice President of Infinite Appeal; that’s a community service, fashion-based organization on campus. I’m also a part of the fashion committee of Entermediate.”

What is your favorite thing about fashion?

“My favorite thing about fashion would be how you can express yourself through it, how you can pull off so many different styles while still expressing yourself, and how something new is always coming about.”

What is one piece of clothing, or accessory you cannot live without?

“I would say shoes because I feel like shoes make an outfit sometimes… not always, but I feel like shoes can really set your outfit off. Jewelry is not that important to me. I just wear the basic stuff, and every now and then I’ll switch it up. And then bags, sometimes that’s important to me, but as long as it complements my outfit. But shoes are the ultimate piece I need to have.”

What do you like to do in your free time?

“I thrift every now and then. When I get a chance, I’ll go to different thrift stores, or I’ll go to exchange stores to just find different things that I don’t want to spend money on at a department store. I’ll also refurbish it sometimes. If I find a piece that I feel has potential to look like something that I saw Rihanna, Kim Kardashian, or somebody in, after I thrift it, I’ll go home and refurbish it to make it look fashion forward and in trend.”

What is your idea of a perfect date?

“I guess I’m simple, so it would be we would start off with something fun. Maybe go to the shooting range, or to Andretti. Afterwards, we’ll cool down and get something to eat at a restaurant.”

What is a major turnoff when it comes to dating or relationship?

“Bad breath, and not maintaining themselves. So, not always looking scruffy as far as their hair and facial hair, at least look presentable when we go out. Dress good enough to go out, and not always putting on some shorts and a pair of sneakers.”

What is your favorite song right now?

“I Know” by Big Sean and Jhene Aiko. I just love that song; Jhene Aiko’s verse just does it for me every time. That’s what I’ve been booming for the past couple of days.”

What is your favorite quote?

Character.  Intelligence. Strength. Style. That makes beauty. -Diane von Furstenberg. I like it because I feel like that’s how I think. Beauty is not just how you look, it’s about the inside and how you present yourself too.”

Ashley Drayton is an alumna of Georgia State University, with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Journalism. Since being involved with Her Campus, she was co-founder and president of the GSU chapter, former chapter advisor of 5-8 college chapters, and wrote as a national contributing writer. Her dream job/career is to become a top writer, editor, blogger.