etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Style

The Inclusive Swimwear You Need to Shop For a Sexy Spring Break

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GSU chapter.

Spring break is here, and it’s time to pick out bathing suits!

Here we are in 2019, and we are still trying to search through stores to find the perfect bathing suit that shapes our body the way we want it to. Well, what if I told you that there are big and small brands that have made it possible to have a little bit more hope in finding that body inclusive bathing suit?

Target

Photo by Target

Target has recently launched a new line Kona Sol that has inclusive sizes from XS-XL, with select sizes in 14W – 26W.

This has given people an option to find perfect swimsuits that suit their bodies and look good wearing it. This style above is called “Textured Tie Front One Piece Swimsuit.” The great thing about this specific style is that it is a textured tie front one-piece swimsuit. It is a UPF 50+ material which helps protect skin from the sun’s dangerous rays.

Retail Price: $44.99

ASOS

Photo by Asos.

ASOS has many brands that have a wide range of swimwear that is labeled “curvy” as opposed to the typical “plus size” sections.

Brands such as Wolf & Whistle (as seen in the photo above) have swimwear sizes that go up to 22. This swimsuit, in particular, has luxe satin fabrics and delicate lace trims that help shape to your body type.

Retail Price: $26.00 (bikini bottom) & $42.00 (bikini top)

Otherwild

Photo by Otherwild

The Hirsuit swimsuit is an androgynous swimsuit designed for a wide variety of body types and gender expressions.

Their pieces are tailored for people whose style falls outside of the fashion industry’s spectrum regarding gender and identity. This unique style is reversible and has hidden interior pockets on both sides.

Retail Price: $150.00

Lily & Lime

Photo by Lily & Lime

Lily & Lime is designed for women with bigger busts, D-cup and up.

They offer a variety of bikini top and bottom styles. The top styles support larger busts in full cup, bandeau, tankini, and more. They are available in bra sizes ranging from 28D-40HH. They are based in Australia, but they offer free shipping worldwide and 10% off your first order.

The style shown above is called the “Kimono Forest High Neck Top.” It has a fully lined high neck top with an internal wire for support and shape. The straps are versatile and can be worn in two ways.  

Retail Price: $75

Source by Giphy

With today’s social standards, it can take forever to scroll through a swimwear section and finally find “plus size” or “curvy.” It shouldn’t be such a hassle to find different sizes and gender-neutral clothing.

Thankfully, certain brands are trying to make these styles more accessible and inclusive. So whatever swimwear you choose for spring break, make sure you feel confident and rock it.

My name is Maliyah and I am a journalism major with a concentration in public relations at GSU. I'm an aspiring journalist with a passion for writing like no other. I enjoy taking pictures and writing for my personal blog. I'm also Vice President for GSU's Alliance for Sexual and Gender Diversity.
The GSU chapter of Her Campus