danielle macinnes IuLgi9PWETU unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
danielle macinnes IuLgi9PWETU unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

How to Dress for a Fashion Interview

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GSU chapter.

Imagine you have just passed the application process for your future fashion dream job and you’ve landed the interview! Now it’s time for your future employer to see you shine, inside and out! The interview process can be nerve wrecking. Make sure you are prepared to answer those questions with confidence, but equally important, look the part. When you are dressed your best, you will feel your best. Here are three essentials to looking and feeling primped and ready to dominate your interview!

Shoes – When it comes to shoes, make sure they are your best heel or flat. Drop the drab colors and bring some personality to your shoe. As long as you don’t go overboard with the colors, a little color goes a long way!  

Forget the suit – The times have changed and the black two-piece suit for women is no longer the go-to outfit. A lot of women in the workplace are embracing bold colors, prints, and accessories to express themselves as boss babes! Find your best skirt or dress, and dress it up to your heart’s desire! As long as you make sure the skirt or dress is at least fingertip length and looks appropriate, make it work!

Accessorize – After you find your cutest outfit, it’s time to accessorize! Jewelry and purses can either break or make your outfit, so pick your classiest but fashionable accessories. We want the accessories to bring the power outfit together, not steal the show. So remember, nothing too crazy! Don’t forget to spray on your favorite perfume to leave a sweet-smelling reminder of your awesomeness!

Use these three tips to make a fashionable impression on your future employer! Times are changing and so is the fashion business, don’t be afraid to be yourself!

Zimbabwean-American Journalism major at Georgia State University. Audrey Hepburn and pink enthusiast who's constantly dreaming of Breakfast at Bergdorfs. She lives in Atlanta with New York on her mind.
The GSU chapter of Her Campus