person taking photo of pants and shoes
person taking photo of pants and shoes
SHTTEFAN/Unsplash
Style

Homecoming Look Book: GSU Edition

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GSU chapter.

Happy Homecoming! The time for endless events and activities is here and what better way to enjoy this week feeling good and looking better!

Danielle Houston, stylist and CEO of Draped by Danielle Monae’, and Deanna Griffin, photographer, curated a homecoming influenced look book inspired by GSU Homecoming Week. 

Everyday Look

Plaid is in and perfect for the fall season. This look can be worn throughout the day in class or at events during activity hour. 

Piecing this dress with a long sleeve shirt underneath makes this outfit ideal for the colder seasons. Alternative ways to dress this look is this with a solid long sleeve shirt instead of a sheer top, and you can never go wrong with some black knee-high boots.

Get this look:

Dress: Forever 21, $18

Top: Forever 21, $13

Shoes: Vans, $60

Purse: Forever 21, $24

Game Day Look

This game day inspired look is a chance for you to show off your school spirit and looking stylish while doing so. On game day there is always tailgate to look forward to, so you want to be comfortable. 

Just when you thought there wasn’t a strategy to fashion, layering can add complexity to your look while keeping you warm. When you wear denim-on-denim, incorporating color will create a contrast that adds flavor, like the pink GSU sweater in this outfit. Not to mention, you can never go wrong with accessorizing. 

Get this look: 

Sweater: GSU Bookstore, $25-$30

Denim top: Forever 21, $15

Jeans: H&M, from $8

Shoes: Forever 21, $35

Hat: Forever 21, $15

Party Look

A cute black dress is essential in a woman’s closet. This look is simple, and serving looks at the same time when you’re going to be out on the scene at homecoming parties or club festivities. 

To add a bit of detail you can pair bracelets with dangle earrings, or even wear a red lip to attract attention to your facial features. Also, top off your simplistic look with a cute clutch to carry your belongings in. 

Get this look:

Dress: Misguided, $30

Shoes: PrettyLittleThing, $30

These two online stores always have discounts available and ongoing sales. Both sites offer student discounts, Misguided with a 40% discount and PrettyLittleThing offers 30% off.

Now that you have some homecoming fashion inspiration, you can hit the halls on campus in style. Enjoy the events to come, make memories, and take plenty of pictures to show off your impeccable taste.

Be sure to follow Draped by Danielle Monae’ and Deanna G on their social media platforms via Instagram.

All photos taken by Deanna G. 

Sierra Jenkins is currently a student at Georgia State University studying journalism and African American studies. Jenkins aspires to enlighten and inform others through her writing. She believes it is important to have conversations and create dialogue around topics that aren't always discussed publicly. Jenkins strives to break societal barriers through her use of words and set an example for other women from all walks of life.
The GSU chapter of Her Campus