Choose Your Aesthetic: The Best Spots for Virtual Learning

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GSU chapter.

We’ve all heard it a million times: “This school year will be different.”

Yes, we know that for a lot of students, there will be little to no in person learning. That may sound like a nightmare to some and a dream to others. No matter what this situation feels like for you, we can still make it a bit more exciting and efficient.

Let’s face it

Sometimes the aesthetic around you makes you work harder. Just ask everyone on Instagram, work is easier when your space is cute. With virtual learning, you can completely make your work space something you love. 

Hands typing on a computer
Photo by Corrine Kutz from Unsplash
First things first

Your bed is not a good place to work! I repeat, your bed is not a good place to work! No matter how responsible you are, or how good it may feel, this is not the place for productivity. 

Get to decorating

Find that corner in your room or apartment and dress it up. Sometimes the best place to work is in the comfort of your own home. HomeGoods and Target have the cutest desk and office supplies. You could even try Amazon or just get busy with DIY to dress it up.

MacBook Air on white desk beside gold-colored study lamp and spiral books
Arnel Hasanovic, Unsplash
If you’re not that into DIY and decoration

Go to your favorite coffee shop, grab your laptop, mask and get to work. This is convenient for coffee and tea lovers. Usually these places stay quiet and are the perfect work environment.

Good ol’ reliable

The library is still an option! The Georgia State Library is still open, just with some changes for social distancing. To stay extra safe pack some hand sanitizer & don’t forget your mask- it’s required. 

Photo by Stanislav Kondratiev from Unsplash
Everyone works differently. That’s okay, just prepare for this different school year and weigh your options. Choose your aesthetic & get busy! Good luck!

Moya Leung is a journalism major with a concentration in public relations and a marketing minor at Georgia State University. Her interests include social media management, fashion, public relations, writing & taking pictures. Her goal is to be a Public Relations Director or Social Media Manager for a major fashion company. If it has to do with fashion, marketing or socializing, she's there. Enjoy some of her writings here and keep up with her on Instagram, Pinterest, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Autumn Boekeloo is an aspiring entertainment journalist living in Atlanta, GA. She is a senior at Georgia State University majoring in Multimedia Journalism and minoring in Women's Gender and Sexuality Studies. The 21 year old will be graduating in December 2021 with a B.A. and several academic awards. Autumn has written for print and online newspapers at Georgia State. She enjoys writing articles about lifestyle, festivals and all things Atlanta. She hopes to work for a magazine one day while pursuing her own blog.