Broderick Sims ’16

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GSU chapter.

Name: Broderick Sims

Classification: Senior

Major: Journalism with a minor in Marketing

Hometown: Killeen, Texas

Instagram: @brodericksims_

Her Campus: What organizations are you involved in on campus?

Broderick Sims: I was the previous Director of Public Relations for RHA (Residence Hall Association),  Spotlight Programs Board volunteer, Infinite Appeal modeling/fashion organization, and Member of the Pi Alpha Chapter of Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity.

HC: What inspired you to get involved on campus? 

BS: I wanted to be versatile and be able to separate myself from others, and I wanted to expand my resume and be able to make myself appealing to many different types of companies.

HC: What do you spend your time on besides campus involvement?

BS: I’m extremely focused on my upcoming clothing brand, and building my personal modeling portfolio. I also enjoy working out and hanging out with my fraternity brothers.

HC: From your perspective, what’s the key to success?

BS: Confidence, no matter what other people believe about whatever it is that you’re doing, don’t let anyone else stop you from doing what you love or what you think is important.

HC: Where’s your favorite place on campus?

BS: My favorite place is the digital aquarium because I love being able to rent different equipment and try new things. I definitely think it’s something the Georgia State should advertise more often.

HC: What advice would you give freshmen?

BS: Don’t be afraid to try new things. Never limit yourself or keep yourself in a bubble because you will limit your ability to grow and learn new things about yourself.

HC: What do you want to do with your major when you graduate?

BS: My dream job is to work in the marketing department for GQ magazine, so many of my efforts will be focused towards that.

HC: What do you like to do in your spare time?  

BS: I’m constantly shopping, I enjoy the different components of interior design, modeling and personal styling. I also enjoy going out with my friends, nature, and I love traveling.

HC: What’s the most important thing(s) to you?

BS: Family. At the end of the day they have always been there for me. For me, family isn’t just limited to blood related people. Family is anyone who has always been there for me or supported me through everything.

HC: Who’s your favorite artist?

BS: Chris Brown is my favorite artist because he is just so versatile and so talented. After him it would be Miguel and Justin Bieber because they are also extremely talented as well.

HC: Your biggest pet peeve?

BS: Bad breath or bad hygiene in general, and liars.

HC: What’s your ultimate goal in life? 

BS: To be able to travel the world with the people I love, to continue to learn and grow, and to just end up doing things I love and having no regrets.

HC: What impact would you hope to make on the world?

BS: Once I’m gone I want people to know that life should be exciting and fun. I want people to remember me for always having a smile on my face and for always being ready for the next adventure.

HC: What’s the quote you live by?

BS: “Do You”. Do the things you love because YOU love them and not because of what anyone else has to say.

Hey there! I'm Krystal, the former 2015-2017 President of Her Campus GSU, and an alumna of Georgia State University. You can now catch me on krystalcaliyah.com. Cheers!
The GSU chapter of Her Campus