This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GSU chapter.

It’s a bird! It’s a… plane? No, it’s you overcoming your tribulations! You’re greater than your circumstances. It’s normal to feel insecure, isolated, self-conscious, and other confusing emotions but don’t lose sight of the superhero within. You are the hero you’ve been longing for. Here is how to ignite your powers:

Masked identity
Photo from Pexels

1. Change your Environment

Oftentimes when one is in a dark place, they lose ambition. Feeling hopeless usually occurs if we are stagnant and lacking motivation. Encouragement can come from many avenues. Although, it surely can’t be found in an environment that continuously breaks you. You have to get out. ASAP.. Your success is personal and indeed, necessary. 

2. Define your “Why”

Effort is the sole difference between dreams and reality. How you manifest and work towards your dreams is what turns them into your reality. Defining your purpose breeds ambition. Your purpose keeps you guided and eager to achieve your goal. An ambitious woman doesn’t have time to play small because she is too focused on obtaining her success. Look within. Step outside of other’s expectations and determine what you want to achieve and why. Recognize your worth and how limitless your potential is. What do you aspire to do? You have the world waiting for you. 

3. Fall in Love with Yourself

This is a time where you have to dig deep. The dog days are over, honey. You’ve cried, gained sappy weight and now you can dust yourself off and pick up your crown. Let’s take back that self-confidence. Know that you are more than enough. Really sow into who you are at the core and build that relationship within. Don’t be afraid to just be and have that time where you’re just meditating and in silence. With technology today, it can be hard to dissociate from the influence of others, but if you’re never alone you’ll never truly know who you are.

The golden girls hugging eachother
Giphy

Truthfully, my favorite superheroes are the ones that I can see myself in– the ones that lack complex powers. However, they put in the necessary effort to ensure they overcome. Trials and tribulations are what aid them in flourishing. The time is now. You define your story. Let’s make this plot twist worth it.

Regina Price is a senior at Georgia State University majoring in neuroscience with a pre-medical concentration. She is the current President of STARS, a mental health organization on campus that works to eliminate the stigma! Regina aspires to be a doctor and leave a positive impact on the world with the aid of science. In her spare time, she loves to give back to the community, spend time with loved ones, and enjoy various forms of art.
The GSU chapter of Her Campus