This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GSU chapter.

Gordon Ramsay is one of the most well-known chefs in the WORLD, after Mr. Remy Ratatouille. He’s also one of my favorite celebrities for multiple reasons. 

First, he is widely successful and rich. Here are a few of his accolades to start:

• In 1997, Ramsay founded his global restaurant group, Gordon Ramsay Restaurants. To date, it has been awarded 16 Michelin stars in total and currently holds seven. 
  • Ramsay is also known as a TV personality for shows about competitive cooking and food, such as The F Word, Hell’s Kitchen, Ramsay’s Kitchen Nightmares and the American versions of Hell’s Kitchen, Kitchen Nightmares, MasterChef, MasterChef Junior, Hotel Hell, Gordon Behind Bars, and 24 Hours to Hell and Back
    • Can you believe his first TV appearance was in 1998 on The Boiling Point? That means he’s been on TV for almost 23 years! That tells it all right there.
  • Ramsay was also appointed Officer of the Order of the British Empire by Queen Elizabeth II in the 2006 New Year Honours list for services to the hospitality industry.
  • “In July 2006, he won the Catey award for “Independent Restaurateur of the Year,” becoming only the third person to have won three Catey awards.” ( Degy
  • Named the 19th highest-earning celebrity in the world by Forbes 

Secondly, his mouth. Not his physical mouth, but the stuff that comes out of it. I love watching him chew out chefs on Hell’s Kitchen and Kitchen Nightmares. But I also love his critiques on food when he tries them. Some of my favorite quotes are:

• “The freshest thing in here is that f****** pigeon” to the pigeon that was flying around a restaurant he was dining in. 
  • “Chappie took a crappie in my Gumbo.”
  • Gordon: “What are you?”

Julie Chen (Contestant on Hell’s Kitchen): “An Idiot Sandwich”

• Gordon Ramsay: “You do seriously surprise me.”

Ben Caylor ( Contestant on Hell’s Kitchen): “Thank you, chef. I was hoping you’d see that, I mean I give it all I got.”

Gordon Ramsay: “You surprise me how s*** you are.”

Lastly, he’s turned me into an amateur food critic. I’m the last person to critique food because I can hardly cook. However, Gordon Ramsay speaks through me when I eat food. I’m always looking to see if something is over or undercooked or if the seasonings are off. Literally anything and everything I can critique, I will. 

Overall, Gordon Ramsay’s got it going on. He’s an amazing chef, fiery TV personality, amateur comedian and a billion-dollar businessman. What’s not to love?

Hi, my name is Jasmine Barrow and I am a senior Journalism student at Georgia State University! I love that HER Campus provides a platform for the superior species to talk freely about whatever! ig: @jasminebarroww