This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GSU chapter.

Curating the perfect playlist is no easy task. Though it may be tedious, it has become a therapeutic activity for me throughout the pandemic. I have compiled a list of must-have songs for your new playlist creations.

1. The first song is “Doo Woop (That Thing)’‘ by Ms. Lauryn Hill to kick things off. This song is upbeat while also being a lyrical masterpiece. This provides the perfect base for any fun, mellow and upbeat playlis\Following suit is “Find
    Headphones
    Photo by C D-X from Unsplash
  2. “Find Someone Like You” By Snoh Aalegra. This is a song that encapsulates what it feels like to find a person you connect with deeply. Any hopeless romantic needs this in their playlist.
  3. Exploring music from overseas is a fun addition to any playlist. British artist Jorja Smith and Enny provide the perfect song for this through their smash hit “Peng Black Girls Remix”. The song is an appreciation piece for all Black girls across the globe. If you are looking to create a playlist focused on self-love and confidence, this is the perfect addition.
  4. Switching up the vibe to a more upbeat party sound can be a fun way to shift the energy. “Icon” by Jaden Smith creates a sense of confident vibe with his energetic lyrics that focus on being a living icon. This song is perfect for those at-home party moments.
    Listening to boombox
    Photo by Eric Nopanen from Upsplash
  5. Last but not least is Cardi B’s latest single, “UP”. This song is all about being confident in your sexuality and owning it. Cardi B never shies away from exuding confidence and providing the perfect anthem for a self-love party. If you are looking to let loose and have a bit of fun, look no further, and add this song!

These song selections all vary in sound style, but simultaneously provide the perfect basis for multiple scenarios and emotions. Curating a playlist allows your creativity to roam freely and hopefully through these recommendations, you are able to find your new favorite song!

My name is Kristy Rivera and I am currently a sophomore at Georgia State University. I am pursuing a degree in Media Entrepreneurship and I would like to work in the PR field post college. I love Her Campus and I am excited to write articles and be apart of the team.
The GSU chapter of Her Campus