This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GSU chapter.

Over these past couple of months, I’ve found myself getting into beauty, from skincare to hair. I’ve been overhauling and changing up my look. Here are five beauty trends I’ve been obsessing over recently.

Funky French Nails

I’ve been noticing this trend of using gel polish to create a French nail look. I’ve seen colors in red, green, brown and blue and I love it. You can accomplish this look with your natural nails or some acrylic nails. I feel that this style can go with anything, and it’s just so cute to me.

Colorful Eyeliner

Even though I’m still learning certain aspects of makeup, I’ve always tried to stick to a natural look. That’s slowly starting to change as I keep seeing colorful eyeliner looks. I’m not much of an eyeshadow person, so seeing how I can still create a cute look with just eyeliner is intriguing to me and something I’ll definitely be attempting.

Claw Clips

Lately, I’ve been straightening my hair, but wearing it straight down can get boring sometimes. This is where claw clips come in. I’ve been using claw clips because it’s such a cute, lazy hairstyle. They come in baby-sized all the way to jumbo, and my styles are endless. It never takes me more than 3 minutes to fix my hair and go.

Brown Lip Liner

I’ve been using brown lip liners a lot these past couple of months. My go-to used to be matte liquid lipsticks, but brown lip liner has become such a universal look for me. I wear it in the morning for my Zoom class, in the afternoon for a quick lunch run, and in the evening when I’m with friends or family. I usually layer it with either colored or clear lip gloss. The best thing about using just lip liner is that even if my mask wipes it off, I can easily reapply because lip liners can literally fit in any purse.

Dyed Hair

It’s been a while since I applied any color to my hair. The last time I dyed my hair was about five years ago, when I was a sophomore in high school. Out of the blue in February, I became tired of my dark brown hair and decided to get a balayage. It took some getting used to, but I’m definitely in love with it now.

I one hundred percent recommend trying out these trends or even creating your own. As young women, we should use this time to experiment and find out who we are and what our style is.

Amber is a senior at the J. Mack Robinson College of Business, Georgia State University. She is passionately working towards a Bachelor of Business Administration in Marketing. She is a fast learner who enjoys trying new things and analyzing any problem. She is the Social Media Co-Chair for Her Campus GSU and the VP of Advertising for American Marketing Association GSU Chapter. Amber is currently looking for marketing opportunities in social media, tech, and other related fields. In her free time, you can find her either reading, listening to a podcast, or watching Netflix.
The GSU chapter of Her Campus