This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GSU chapter.

Music is forever changing and because of that, it’s hard to keep up with the latest artists, especially when they’re new or not already top of the charts. Here’s four artists that you don’t know but should listen to while walking to class.

1.     Banks

Instagram

With just being in Atlanta in September during Music Midtown, Banks is continually making a more prominent name for herself.The Orange County native got her start on SoundCloud in 2013, wherefrom there she got noticed and signed to Harvest Records and Good Year Records. Soon after, she officially released her first two singles “Before I Ever Met You” and “Fall Over”, which both ended up on her first album, “Goddess”. More recently, she came out with her third album, “Contaminated” in July. 2019

2.    Lolo Zouaï

Instagram

The youngest among the list, this 22-year-old, Lolo Zouai was born in France but grew up in San Francisco, California. And with that, she takes her Arabic background and makes urban hip hop/R&B and throws in a little bit of French every now and then. Her first album, “High Highs” to Low was released in April. 2019

3.     Gallant

Instagram

With his newest album, Seet Insomnia, which was released on Oct. 25, Gallant got his start in 2015. With inspiration from artists like Janet Jackson, Usher and Prince, their music styles are heavily heard in contemporary R&B artists’ music.

4.     Labrinth

Instagram

One of the members of supergroup LSD, The English artist, got his start in 2011 with his electronic song “Earthquake” ft. Tinie Tempah. But as of recently, he has been known for his collaboration with Sia on Thunderclouds. 

Also, he’s collaborated with Zendaya on “All For Us” for the HBO series “Euphoria”. And speaking of “Euphoria”, he has created an entire album, which is his first, for the show. While watching the series, you’ll hear a variety of songs with lyrics to simpler pieces of him just strumming a guitar. 

Now put your buds in, grab a coffee, and go listen.

✰ ???????? ✰ ? ✰ ??????✰ ✰??????????✰ ✰ ??????? ????? ??????????✰
The GSU chapter of Her Campus