This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GSU chapter.

Music Midtown rocked Atlanta this past weekend with unforgettable performances by acclaimed artists and bands at Piedmont Park.

Kendrick Lamar, Post Malone and Imagine Dragons were just a few performers that left festival-goers wishing the event would last longer than two days.

From delicious food vendors to a Ferris wheel overlooking the festival, Music Midtown kept attendees busy all weekend long. While many arrived at the peak time of 4 p.m., some music-lovers stayed from the time the park opened to the last performance of the night. With performances back-to-back at each stage, there was a music genre for every person to enjoy. Aside from the headline performers, there were plenty of other acts for all to enjoy like Khalid, Janelle Monae, Butch Walker, The Revivalists, and more!

However, with so much amusement to indulge in, there was no doubt that long lines would emerge outside the event. Luckily, it gave festival-goers a chance to converse with others in line about their Music Midtown highs and lows (and even make a few new friends!). This was especially true for festival-goers who braved the intense heat from gates to close to stand in front of the stages that their favorite artists would grace.

Speaking of conversing, the talk of the (A)town were the trend-setting outfits worn at the festival. For women, a popular look was a combination of high waisted shorts and a crop top or bralette. Many even wore glitter on their body, face, and even hair for an extra festival sparkle! Many men wore their favorite sports team’s jersey, artist tee shirt, and a comfy pair of Adidas or Nike shoes. The #1 accessory for this year’s event was a flashy fanny pack for both sexes.

Between high-anticipated performances was the time to grab a snack or take a shot at the bar. While several took to munching on pepperoni pizza from Pero’s, others opted for other snacks and drinks like  Island Noodles or King of Pops.

Aside from all the fun, an ongoing worry of many festival goers was if Atlanta would be hit by the tail end of Hurricane Florence. Luckily, the rain held out for most of the festival. While there were a few sporadic sprinkles of rain throughout the weekend, the event remained open all weekend long with no emergency evacuations, so the party never stopped.

While attendees were safe from the weather, nothing could prepare them from the Uber and Lyft supply and demand craze both nights. Prices hit up to $100 for personal Lyft rides only 10 miles out of the city, and over $200 for luxury Uber and Lyft vehicles.

“The concerts were amazing but trying to get out of Piedmont Park was a mess. My friends and I waited an hour and a half outside a McDonald’s for an Uber and still paid a ridiculous amount. Marietta native Tara Anastasoff said.

“It was super chaotic, but I guess that’s a part of the experience,” Anastasoff added.

Overall, Music Midtown added another year of success to their lengthy streak. Saturday night saw Fall Out Boy rocking out on one end of the park while a truly massive crowd cheered on the ever popular Post Malone at the other. Kendrick Lamar ended Sunday night with a bang rapping crowd favorites while Imagine Dragons sang radio hits on the other side of the park.  It was a festival to remember, and we can’t wait until next year!

Autumn Boekeloo is an aspiring entertainment journalist living in Atlanta, GA. She is a senior at Georgia State University majoring in Multimedia Journalism and minoring in Women's Gender and Sexuality Studies. The 21 year old will be graduating in December 2021 with a B.A. and several academic awards. Autumn has written for print and online newspapers at Georgia State. She enjoys writing articles about lifestyle, festivals and all things Atlanta. She hopes to work for a magazine one day while pursuing her own blog.
The GSU chapter of Her Campus