13 Guys You’ll Meet in College

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GSU chapter.

Whether you go to a University, Community College, Culinary Institution, Private College, or a Historically Black College, there will always be those certain guys you’ll meet while you’re there. Here’s a list of 13 different men that consists of some you’ll date, some you shouldn’t even be considering, and some are strictly platonic; but we promise you’ve ran into at least one or more of these guys.

1. The Athlete (Ball is Life) 

This guy is probably on the football team, the basketball team, the soccer team, or maybe the tennis team, most likely works out daily, and drinks a lot of protein shakes. The point is, this guy is an athlete and more than likely he’ll make that verrrrrrry clearrrrr. “Ball is Life” is a term that this guy will doubtlessly use in exchange for all of his shortcomings.  “Why didn’t you call me back?” Oh I was at the gym baby.. you know BALL IS LIFE, “Wanna come over and study?” Nah I can’t baby.. you know BALL IS LIFE! Oh, and I’m 92% sure he’s a Kinesiology, Sports Management, or a Fitness and Nutrition major.

2. The Overly dedicated 

The only time you’ll probably ever see this guy is in the library, and that is a good thing! We loveeee a smart man, don’t we ladies? *cues choir* “Yes we do Sister Diamond! Amen!” He’s probably going to be the 48th President, and you as the first lady, after his studies of course! THIS IS THE MAN YOU TAKE HOME TO MOMMA LADIES!

3. The Nowhere Near dedicated.

You see him everywhere but in class! In the quad, in the café, at the coffee shop in the library (after all he’s definitely not in the library to study), at a party, and in the hall ways.  I mean you see this guy so much you start to question whether or not he’s failing all of his classes, or if he’s even enrolled in the school anymore. AVOID AT ALL COST.

4. The 420 Enthusiasts

We all know a guy like this. He’s the free spirit who’s influences include Bob Marley, Wiz Khalifa, a “Legalize It” sticker, and Visine. This guy is funny, real laid back, more than likely will always have a smile on his face, and some snacks LOL.

5. The mysterious guy in your Friday class who barely talks

Not only does he come to class late and leave early but he barely speaks (only when the professor calls on him). However, he’s strikingly handsome and you want nothing more than to be his bae. This is the guy in your class who makes you actually look like a human being on your Friday morning class at 9:30, even though you know no one is really on campus. You don’t care though because the only reason you come to school on Friday is because of him.. and to get an A in the class, but you know where I’m going with this.

6. The older nontraditional student

This is the nice 47 year old man whom you happened to have a class with three semesters ago, but whenever you cross each other’s paths you feel obligated to speak. It is probably due to the fact that he reminds you of your dad, not in a creepy way,  but in the “I know he’ll have my back on the next test way because I’m the same age as his daughter and he’s all about my advancement” kind of way!

7. The guy who used to go here

He graduated in 2011, but he’s still holding on to those college years. You’ll probably see him at the parties hitting on freshmen and at every homecoming event. This is the guy you pray for!

8. The guy who probably belongs to the class of 2018

Aailyah said, “Age ain’t nothing but a number”, but this little freshman is so cute that you slightly feel wrong when you tell your friends that you think he’s cute. He just graduated from high school and you’re on your way out of college. The only thing you can do for him is be his tutor.  NEXT!

9. The a**hole who thinks he knows everything, but you kinda like him because he knows everything

He’s a smart a** and you can’t stand him, but the one day he misses class, you feel incomplete without him. I mean, who else are you going to argue with and ignore in class. He’s your Frienemy and that is the basis of your relationship. He’s Luscious and you’re Cookie.

10. The Frat bruh

Big Brother Gets Alllll The Ladies is his name and he’s proud to be a member of Phi Chi Fine. I’m not saying that all guys who belong to Frats are handsome, but I mean c’mon that must be a requirement. Let’s just say, when I see them in my head I go, “Ennie, Meanie, Mynnie Moe!”

11.  The guy that every girl likes, forbidden fruit

DON’T DO IT MISS CEILY, IT AIN’T WORTH IT! This guy is the player, the Big Man on Campus, and he’s probably been featured as our Campus Cutie. Either way you don’t need him. This is the kind of man you’ll date and end up not trusting every female on campus because he’s been with them, talked to them, or they probably think that you are temporary and they’re next in line! When you meet this guy DO NOT PASS GO, DO NOT COLLECT $300, JUST KEEP WALKING!

12.  The guy who has he sh*t together, but you’re probably not going to marry him because you want the forbidden fruit or the a**hole

Like most women who’ve met this guy we’ve gone on a date or two with him and everything seemed perfect, so you reported back to your girls with the list of reasons why you CAN’T date him. The list is short but the first thing on the list was, “He was just toooo nice”. Why do we as women make this tragic mistake?! Instead of dealing with Batman, we fall for the Joker.

13.  Your GBF!! 

Three words: Gay Best Friend! Seven more words: Don’t Call Them Your Gay Best Friend! They aren’t an accessory, so don’t treat them as such. These guys are kind of like one of your girls, but they are still men.  I mean honestly how could Carrie Bradshaw live without Stanford Blatch, and how could Grace survive without Will. This pairing is awesome because you’ll have a male in your life who doesn’t mind accompanying you while you shop, and can also stand in as a stunt double for your non-existent boyfriend when creeps try to bother you at the bar. 

Hey guys I'm Diamond!! I am a student by day, Journalism major at Georgia State University, and Ashley Stewart stylist by night. I am a writer, poet, shopaholic, plus size advocate, eye brow connoisseur and foodie! I try to live my life abundantly and embrace the motto of, "A light heart lives long".
The GSU chapter of Her Campus