This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Gonzaga chapter.

All-nighters – Your new best friend in college, you’ll get used to having many of these before your time here is over.

Basketball Games – Gonzaga Basketball games are one of the best ways to socialize, have fun, and blow off some steam!

Community – We’re known for our sense of community and family here, full of people that love and care about each other.

Dedication – Necessary on every college campus, especially here, because of all the high expectations set for everyone here.

Essays and Exams – Yup. Start studying!

Friends <3 - You’ll meet your lifelong friends here.

Goal-setting – Step by step, goal by goal, you can make it to where you want to be.

Homework – Yeah. Just yeah. 

Independence – Away from home, away from parents and rules and curfews, this is the first time you’re truly independent.

Just Do It – Don’t be afraid to step out of your comfort zone!

Kindness – We all look after each other and support each other.

Love – Who knows what or who you could find during your time here, maybe even your true love.

Music – The only way we make it through the year.

Never Say Never – Don’t give up on something just because you think it won’t happen, who knows! Anything is possible!

Organization – Buying a planner and some sticky notes was honestly one of the smartest decisions I ever made.

Procrastinating – Sometimes it’s one and the same, either way, get used to both

Questioning Things – Who am I? What am I doing? Why did my prof assign a 12 page paper?

Roommates – Sharing your living space with a complete stranger? Welcome to College!

Sleep, Sex, Studying, Student Loans, and Sweatpants – I think this kind of just sums up college in general.

Trying New Things – Explore different classes and majors, to figure out what you want and are passionate about.

Unending Opportunities – Gonzaga offers hundreds of clubs and activities you can participate in, if you just take advantage of it, and who knows, you might just find something you love.

Video Games – Honestly, the Fortnite grind never really stops, any given room you walk into probably has some kind of video game going on.

Water (Stay Hydrated Kids!) – Easy to forget, important to remember. (Especially when we have COG water!)

eXercise – Crucial part of everyone’s life, and a great way to destress and keep in shape.

YOLO – You only live once, so don’t waste it living life scared or going too crazy, find a balance!

Zag Up! – As always, GO ZAGS!