The Two Self Help Books I’m Reading Right Now

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Gonzaga chapter.

As school has progressed it is more and more difficult to stay motivated to achieve your goals. These two books in particular are motivating because they focus on the importance of training your subconscious for success. By training your thoughts to seek out positive affirmations you increase your confidence which is followed by greater success in what you want. 

The first book, You are a Badass, written by Jen Sincero follows the timeline of uncovering what you’re doing that is holding you back from the life you dream of. This book consists of activities and step by step instructions to bettering your thoughts to gear yourself for your best life.

The next novel titled Unf*ck Yourself is written by Gary John Bishop helps the reader uncover what they are willing and unwilling to do and what it means for their life. Although Bishop’s book on the occasion can be more intense, the message has the same underlying belief that anything is possible with a positive thought process. 

Having goals is extremely important and staying positive and motivated to consistently work toward those goals is a big part of success. Midterms are undoubtedly one of the hardest times of the year because the end of the semester seems far away and there is still more work to prioritize until then. By creating realistic goals inside and outside the classroom it will make it easier to find yourself excited to work hard consistently to succeed.