alexey lin j 0pjgxE1kc unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
alexey lin j 0pjgxE1kc unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Meet our Sister Chapter Team: Katie Leslie

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Gonzaga chapter.

Meet Katie Leslie, the Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Arizona State!  I have had the pleasure of getting to know Katie this semester as we have collaborated on different projects together.  She is a sweet soul who brings great ideas to her team.  This semester she helped launch her chapter of Her Campus, and they are already doing amazing things!  Just recently they hosted a premiere night for the movie Blumhouse’s Truth or Dare and they packed a theatre! How cool!  Make sure to check out some of Arizona State’s content over at their website and follow them on social media! 

Here are some fast facts about Katie! 

Year, Hometown: Katie Leslie, Freshman, San Juan Capistrano, CA 

Major/Minor: I’m a double major in communications and political science! 

Wise Words: I have so, so, so many- I have endless Pinterest boards really. I’d say my favorite quote at this specific moment is, “Stay close to people who make you feel like sunshine.” 

Best Binge Watch: I just recently binged Sex & The City! I’d say that, or Gossip Girl. 

Perfect Pizza: I’m a plain kind of person! I like margherita with basil leaves on the top! Always thick crust though! 

Bucket List Item: I’d love to visit and take my family to the Maldives one day and jump off of those balconies from your hotel room into the ocean! 

Last Book You Read (not for school): The Light Between OceansI highly recommend this book- the movie doesn’t do it justice. It had me crying from start to finish! 

Song on Repeat: “Moon River,” the Harrison Craig version. 

Favorite thing about ASU: I love the diversity at ASU! There are so many different kinds of people you can meet! I’m constantly networking and expanding my bubble but it’s really cool that everybody I meet comes from such different backgrounds! 

2 Truths and a Lie: 

I am Australian! 

I’ve had six different home addresses! 

I’ve pulled an all nighter!

Celebrity Crush: Scotty James. OMG, he’s a snowboarder from Australia and just won Bronze at the Winter Olympics. I’ll admit, I’ve totally thought about DM’ing him before. 

Last Movie you Saw in Theatres: I just saw Truth or Dare last night because Her Campus ASU put on a free, movie premiere before the actually movie came out! The theater was completely full! I’m not a total fan of horror movies so I can’t say it was my favorite… I came back and watched some Breakfast at Tiffany’s to calm me down which is my favorite movie! 

Why did you choose ASU? I wanted to go to ASU because their journalism school is one of the best in the country! Even though I didn’t end up majoring in journalism, I love the options of classes I can take to work towards my major! This semester I took a ‘Homicide and Serial Killers’ course! It was awesome! 

What’s your favorite thing about HC ASU? My favorite thing about HC ASU is that we are such a diverse group of young women. We are on all ends of the spectrum when it comes to majors and all come from different backgrounds and are part of different organizations on campus. What’s awesome though is that we have each other’s backs and support each other like sisters! 

What’s something about ASU that most people don’t know? I think there’s a huge misconception that ASU is some huge party school. Though we do have parties, (and doesn’t every college), we all manage to have such a huge sense of school pride. There’s nothing like standing in that football stadium with 71,000 other kids in the blistering heat chanting our song! Even though we’re a huge school, anybody can find their place here and they can come in with open, welcoming, arms! 

We love having ASU as our sister chapter!  Make sure to go check out some fun Instagram stories we did with them this week!   

(Lie from 2 truths and a lie: She’s never pulled an all nighter!  She says she needs her sleep!)

Macy Conant

Gonzaga '18

Student and Correspondent at Gonzaga University from Denver, Colorado. Major: Communications. Loves writing blogs posts, reading, spending time in little coffee shops, mentoring high school girls and wearing bright red lipstick.