This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Gonzaga chapter.

We are mere days away from summer everyone! I cannot believe how fast this year went by and how quickly everything is coming to a close. Throughout this week of finals, everyone is going to be stressed and want to spend their time studying. This alone time is something that everyone needs in order to stay sane, but at the same time, you should not be overloading yourself with work and not spending time with your friends, as it is the last week you will see them before the summer!

Through the stress and the overwhelming thoughts and time spent doing homework and studying, taking time for yourself can be one of the most beneficial things you can do for your mind and body. Whether you are spending this time reading a book, listening to music, going for a walk, or simply taking a nap, you will feel rejuvenated afterwards. Doing something by yourself can also help you study and focus better because of the fact that you will be refreshed and have had time away from the laptop screens and book pages.

For me, I like spending my alone time at the gym. I use this time to think about all the things that I need to do, but since I am away from the books and my desk, I have the control and power over not completing these things. I also think about upcoming events and plan out my summer schedule because it 1) takes my mind off of studying and homework and 2) helps get me really excited for what is to come!

Overall, I know that because it is the last few days of school, and they are the most stressful days here, it may feel as though you need to spend every second in the library or digging through books and combing through websites. But, being able to be away from the school supplies for a little bit of time can be very helpful in the long run.

Sometimes it is easier to remember and retain knowledge that you have learned if you take time doing something else. Remember that for when you feel the need to spend every second working for that A.  You may be surprised at what a little “me time” can do for you!