neonbrand KYxXMTpTzek unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
neonbrand KYxXMTpTzek unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

5 Ways to De-Stress Your Life

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Gonzaga chapter.

Well, it’s that time of the year.  Essays and exams seem to be crowding up your planner and taking over your life! It may seem stressful, but don’t worry! There are plenty of ways to help yourself relax during those study breaks that will improve yourself and your state of mind.

1: Pamper yourself!

Take a little bit of time out of your studying to paint your nails, do your eyebrows, or put on a facemask! Whatever it is that you want to do to make yourself feel empowered, DO IT! When you are done, you will feel so much better with your new look, and you will be rocking the look during your upcoming week.

2: Drink some tea!

Mint, chamomile, and lavender teas are what you need to take time and just relax.  Put on some of your favorite tunes, put your phone and homework away, drink your tea and just hang out for a little bit.  Not a tea fan? Drink hot chocolate instead! Try to stay away from caffeine if you can (trust me, I know those late nights are tough!), but those jitters you might get from too much coffee will make it hard to relax or focus when you start your homework later.

3: Go on a walk!

It’s finally fall and campus looks beautiful.  Turn off your phone, grab a friend, and go on a walk around campus.  It serves as a great time to reflect on the beauty around you and getting in some exercise is another great de-stressor.

4: Draw, doodle, WRITE!

Find a comfortable spot away from the homework and be creative. Anyone can draw something beautiful or write something amazing! Even if you think you can’t, YOU CAN!  Take a moment to do something creative whenever you get stressed. It will serve as a restart for your brain and maybe help clear your thoughts before starting that next essay!

5: Love yourself!

College is stressful, but you are doing great! Try not to get discouraged because of the loads of homework you may have.  You are smart, talented, and you can get the job done!  For extra encouragement, try and write yourself some affirmations and hide them throughout different assignments.  When you FINALLY get to the end of your chapter in the book you need to read, finding a sticky note that says “good job!” will go a long way.

Make sure you always take time for yourself. It’s just as, if not more, important than homework ❤