Top 10 Unique Thanksgiving Recipes to Try This Year

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Gettysburg chapter.

Looking for some new recipes to experiment with this Thanksgiving? Give these a try if you’re looking to find some new twists on old favorites and fresh ways to enjoy your leftovers. 

1. Sweet potato bites- This miniature version of a holiday classic is a perfect appetizer to enjoy at your celebration this year. Plus, they look adorable and are sure to add to the aesthetic of your Thanksgiving spread. Check out the recipe here.

Image via Delish

2. Green bean casserole- Looking for a way to make vegetables a little more appealing to the picky eaters in your life? This casserole mixes green beans, cheese, and fried onions in a mouth-watering dish that even your pickiest guests will enjoy. Here’s the recipe.

Image via Budget Bytes

3. Bloomin’ Brie Bread- If you like warm appetizers and cheesy bread, look no further. This bread is super easy to make and split. You can find the recipe here

Image via Delish

4. Thanksgiving pizza- Warning: this is only for the adventurous and people who don’t mind letting their food groups touch. Perfect if you’re looking for a unique way to enjoy your leftovers after the holiday. Check out the recipe here

Image via Land O’Lakes

5. Cinnamon apple chips- Try enjoying this version of America’s favorite pie as a crunchy side. Click here to see the recipe. 

Image via Wide Open Eats

6. Crème brûlée pumpkin cheesecake bars- They sound fancy and even include crushed Oreos, so what more do I have to say? Check out the recipe.

Image via Handle the Heat

7. Caramel apple grapes- These fall favorites look just like mini caramel apples but involve a lot less work! You can even switch out the peanuts for other toppings that like better. Here’s the recipe

Image via Delish 

8. Apple cider doughnut cake- If you’re a fan of apple cider donuts, give this cake a shot! Click here to see how to make it. 

Image via Betty Crocker

9. Cranberry orange trifle- Perfect if you’re looking for a lighter and healthier finish to your meal. Check out the recipe. 

Image via Some the Wiser

10. Thanksgiving turkeys– If you want to make a festive dessert but don’t have enough time (or skill) to craft something more completed, try out this simple but cute alternative to get you in the mood for the holiday. Here’s how to make them.

Image via Maker Crate

Sarah Kirkpatrick

Gettysburg '20

Sarah is a senior Psychology major with a History and Business minor from Wayne, PA. She loves reading, nature, music, movies, and dogs. She is the vice president of her college's chapter of Psi Chi (a national Psychology Honor Society) as well as a member of the marching band.