This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Gettysburg chapter.

Hey returning students, have you been wondering where Dog Days has disappeared to this year? Hey new students, have you heard the legends of a few days where a large group of pettable dogs are brought to campus? Well I’ve got some answers for you!

According to a poster that appeared around campus, it would appear that Dog Days has been postponed this year to occur during Disability Awareness Month. Specifically, the Office of Diversity and Inclusion, Academic Advising, and Residence Life have sponsored a few workshops and special events on October 25th to celebrate this month.

Image via Author

There will be a workshop about emotional support animals and how to incorporate them into the setting of a residential college from noon to 1:30 pm. Another workshop will be held from 3:30 pm to 5 pm on “The Role Animals Play In Our Lives”. Both of these workshops will be held in CUB 260 and will provide refreshments. Right after the last workshop there will be a Blessing of the Animals event outside the Atrium.

Image via Tags

And then we have the event we’ve all been waiting for. At 5:30, after the Blessing of the Animals, will be Dog Days! The doggos will all be gathered (with potentially some other animals if they are comfortable with dogs) and ready for some pets.

Again, that’s October 25th at 5:30 pm. We’ll see you there!

Zoe Philippou

Gettysburg '20

(she/her) From Arizona, Zoe is officially a Psychology and Anthropology double major, a German minor, and an unofficial a Theater inhabitor. She loves all thing having to do with culture or really just people in general. She's also a huge nerd who loves crafts.