This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Georgia Southern chapter.
Over the past 2 years, Georgia Southern has undergone some major changes that have left us old students almost feeling like we are freshman again. From the new meal plans, to the new football stadium things have been changing pretty rapidly around here, but do not worry, here’s a guide to all the new thing around campus!

Let’s start with our on campus restaurants and meal plans. The new meal plans have been a bummer for everyone, but we found out if you decided to get an Eagle Express plan you get the best of everything on and off campus. Remember Talons? Freshman, many of you may not know the joy us upperclassmen get about our old on campus restaurant Talons. It was the only place on campus where you could feel like you were getting a home cooked meal, but now the old Talons in the Russell Union has turned into the GSU Deli. It’s not actually bad, it is like a convenient store mixed with a Jimmy John’s, on campus! It’s definitely worth trying if you haven’t already got a chance to. 

Now we all know how bad lunch rush can get at GSU. You try to stop and get a bite right before class, but by the time you get in line and get to the cash register, it’s time for you to head back out. Well, Georgia Southern has teamed up with this app called Tapingo! Tapingo is one of the coolest and most efficient ways to order your food on the go. You log into the app, type in either your Eagle ID or Credit/Debit information to store, you’ll never have to enter it again, and you order your food while you’re on the way to the actual restaurant, and it will tell you when it will be ready and will send you a text when it’s time to go get your food! 

As we lost many things, such as The Pickle Barrel, Coldstone, Einsteins and the GSU Mart, many changes occurred with location. The IT store that was in the IT building right next to Market Street Deli is no longer there. It is now across the bookstore, in the spot of Einsteins and Coldstone used to be. It’s bigger than ever! Also, the location seems a little more convenient.

For all of our RAC junkies, I’m pretty sure you noticed we no longer have Oasis; it currently has gotten replace with Freschens, a new smoothie place. So for all of our GSU smoothie lovers who don’t want to pay Landrum’s cover fee, stop by the RAC and get you a pretty good smoothie!

Ever heard of Sanford hall? Yeah, me neither. To the real Veterans of GSU this was an old dorm hall. A couple years ago they decided to stop using it, but little did we know that it was undergoing so major reconstruction. Anyone who is a Multimedia Communications, PR, Film major etc, you know that we have never had a place to call our home. We bounced through just about every building on our campus. However, with the new renovations Sanford Hall is our new home! It’s a dream building for any type of Multimedia major. Also, if you didn’t know, Sanford Hall is located on Sweetheart Circle right next to the Museum.

Well, that’s all on this edition of Your New GSU guide! Check us out next time for Stadium Changes, Bus Routes, and what moving up in a division really means!

Junior at Georgia Southern University. Multimedia Communications Production/Film major with a minor in Arabic and International studies.
Ayanna Gant

Georgia Southern

Hi! I am Ayanna and I am the Editor-in-Chief of Her Campus Georgia Southern. I am a junior Public Relations major with a minor in Marketing. I hope to one day pursue a career in the sports and entertainment field of public relations!