This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Georgia Southern chapter.

So for any of you who don’t know, Statesboro has long awaited the day when it would see this orange storefront on display down from Hobby Lobby. And we would have pitched a fit if we didn’t get it sooner, but we finally got it ladies! Ulta . . . no ultimatums here!

And… I wouldn’t be doing my job right if I didn’t go in and scope things out for the rest of us, girls or guys, in this college community.

This month they have their 21 days of beauty. How cute, it’s like a Christmas countdown.

To my dismay, I found there are no specifically exclusive student discounts, but there are plenty of best-selling minis, beauty packages, and Ultamate Rewards where you can earn points by shopping.

So this is now a list of reasons for why we needed Ulta in the first place:

1.   Ulta is closest thing to Target for finding cute beauty accessories and tools: Besides, who wants a basic hairbrush anyways. 

2.   Not to mention, where else can you find best-sellers?

-Like this Anastasia Brow Wiz

-Urban Decay’s Numerous Naked Palettes

-Or Benefit’s ‘They’re Real’ Liners/Mascaras

3. Or some of my favorites from the Body Shop- Yes, the strawberry body butter smells amazing and yes, it will last you a lifetime.

4. Where else can you find an endless supply of those time-saving/money-saving 3-in-1’s (or all-in-ones)?

5.   Let’s face it. Now that we’re older, these aren’t just beauty products; these are investments in our future.

Who wouldn’t look like a boss with these toothbrushes?

Or look like Inspector Gadget bringing out all the tools like a Swiss Army Knife- just think how useful this would have been times before.

Since I missed the grand opening, I got some feedback from the workers who said that they had never seen an Ulta that packed before. This only proves that Georgia Southern girls have their priorities in place- to look as beautiful on the outside as we are on the inside! 

Amelia Beckworth

Georgia Southern

My name is Amelia Beckworth. I am a Junior at Georgia Southern University studying Fashion Design, but I am much more than that and I am sure you are too. Typically, I’m the kind of person who’d imagine their life with a soundtrack and a reality TV show. I have a broad imagination, a short attention span, and a big heart. As I write, you may see I have an immense love for God, captivating art, and mind-blowing music while delighting in channeling that negative energy into improving the lack thereof. I have trust issues with people who don’t add salt to their food and say they don’t sing in the shower. Easily won over by Nutella or Twizzlers, I have a habit of being both swayed and opinionated. For the most part, I enjoy helping people relate to and inspire one another through the expression of writing.
Jordan Wheeler

Georgia Southern '22

Jordan Wheeler is a Junior Pre-Law Philosophy major who attends Georgia Southern. Jordan loves writing, singing, and hanging out with friends.