Tea Time: Here’s What You Might Need to Hear Today

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Georgia Southern chapter.

Breathe. Slow down. Reflect.

Everyone needs a little encouragement from time to time. So often, we get so caught up between busy schedules and making efforts to get things done that we forget to reassure ourselves “you’re doing amazing sweetie”. A lot of us have this natural, inevitable, go-getter mindset. Sometimes that mindset can bring burdens and whenever we have a short-coming or hold, we start to convince ourselves that we are not doing enough. We are human and need a little push at times, and that is okay,

There are people around us that we can say we look up to, but even they need some encouragement to keep going. Even those who seem to have it all together have their downfalls, but downfalls are not in place to keep you down forever. This is for you – to build, motivate and sustain. Just breathe.

You deserve it.

Whatever it is you may be at odds with – a job, an internship, peace, that promotion, that acceptance letter or happiness – you deserve it. Who said you could not have the best things in life? Convince yourself that you are not here to accept any less of what you deserve. Never belittle yourself.

Let it go.

Release everything that is hindering you to grow. Let go of everything that makes you second guess yourself or makes you think any less of yourself. It is extremely easy to get so comfortable with what we are used to that we fail to realize breaking away might be the best decision we can make. That thing you need to let go could be a person, a habit, fear, hurt or any negative thought. If it’s doing you no good or stopping you from living your best life, let it go.

You are beautiful.

Each of us has those days where we may feel we look a little off. You may even be struggling with maintaining self-confidence, but please attempt to see the beauty that surrounds you. Start making affirmations everyday of how beautiful you are until you start to believe it – because it’s true.

You have a purpose.

Your purpose is your reason for existing. No one was placed on this earth without an assignment. Believe it or not, you were created with a purpose. You are on this earth for a reason. Maybe your purpose is to create, entertain or spread everlasting joy. Whatever it may be, it is worthwhile, and you were kept breathing so you could fulfill that purpose.

You will outgrow people, and that is okay.

There is never anything wrong with changing for the better. The only people who would be upset at you for changing are the ones who choose to stay stagnant. You will never elevate while remaining in the same position, mindset, attitude or space forever.

“Things change, people change, feelings change, too.” – PARTYNEXTDOOR

Everything will work out for your good. Stay on your grind, stay focused. Put in work and watch it all unfold. Keep pushing, but never forget to encourage, support, uplift and advise yourself. If you don’t, who will?

Peace and blessings.

I'm either at home writing or sitting at the nearest Starbucks. Writer. Poet. Womanist. PR Girl 
Jordan Wheeler

Georgia Southern '22

Jordan Wheeler is a Junior Pre-Law Philosophy major who attends Georgia Southern. Jordan loves writing, singing, and hanging out with friends.