Tea Time: 17 Self-Love Affirmations

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Georgia Southern chapter.

Tea Time is a written series I started last year as a way to sit back and self-reflect. My first Tea Time of the semester has to do with one of my favorite subjects, self-love.

Self-love is the best love.

Self-love has become a popular, coined phrase and is tossed around in everyday conversations, but do we genuinely practice self-love enough?

Self-love is all about appreciating and loving yourself regardless of any outside circumstance. This is done through actions such as how we treat ourselves, how we allow others to treat us, who and what we allow within our aura, how we view ourselves and so on. Self-love practices are anything that support your physical, mental and spiritual health.

The best thing about self-love is that it is a love that you have complete control over. It never has to end, and it is fully unconditional.

Here are a few affirmations to begin, or enhance, your never-ending self-love journey.

1. My confidence will derive from what I think of myself, not what others think.

2. I will not let any form of toxicity interfere with my growth on all levels.

3. My time is too valuable to be wasted.

4. I will not hurt myself by trying to hold on to people and/or things that are hurting me.

5. Never will I ever apologize for my personal growth.

6. I am worthy of a great love, even if it comes from myself.

7. My life is a gift with a special purpose and will be embraced with love, confidence and sincerity.

8. If something is not bringing out the absolute best in me, I will let it go.

9. I will not lose myself while trying to help others find themselves.

10. I will learn to love everything I hate about my body.

11. I will not discount myself for anyone who cannot afford me.

12. Everything that has happened was for my own good, even if I do not see it now.

13. I will think more positive thoughts of myself than negative.

14. I am overqualified.

15. I exhibit beauty.

16. Love, peace and happiness belong to me.

17. Today, I will begin choosing me.

I'm either at home writing or sitting at the nearest Starbucks. Writer. Poet. Womanist. PR Girl 
Jordan Wheeler

Georgia Southern '22

Jordan Wheeler is a Junior Pre-Law Philosophy major who attends Georgia Southern. Jordan loves writing, singing, and hanging out with friends.