This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Georgia Southern chapter.

We all sometimes get breakouts. From stress, that time of the month, or sometimes from working out. For me when I start to break out, I have my holy grails that can always come in handy.

Aveeno Clear Complexion

My everyday skin cleanser. I have tried many acne cleansers throughout the years and this one has been delicate enough on my skin but also great at keeping acne away. 

Mario Badescu Facial Spray with aloe, herbs and rosewater

Another Holy grail I live by. This facial spray gives my skin life and moisture every day. Many people use this throughout the day, but I use it mainly after washing my face in the morning and after the gym. I usually do not use it before I go to sleep. 

Dickinson’s Pore Perfecting Toner

Another one of my everyday products. It helps tone my face from acne scarring better than anything I have consistently used. It does not over dry my face and it is fragrance-free. I am very sensitive to fragrances and I am allergic to lavender, so I try and stay away from fragrances in general.

Neutrogena Clear Face Break-Out Free Sunscreen

We all know we should use sunscreen every day no matter the weather or season. Sadly, it is such a hard habit to gain for me. I try and try, but with that, this sunscreen is the bomb. In the summer I was using this all the time because I burn extremely quick and I love this one because before I would just wear a hat because my face would always breakout from other sunscreens.  I highly recommend this product if you are trying to wear sunscreen daily or you usually breakout from sunscreens. 

Oxy Acne Medication 3-in-1 Acne Pads

I cannot lie, this is a harsh product. I do not use this all the time, but when I am breaking out, I will use these and after the gym, I will too if I am already breaking out or feel a breakout coming. These are super powerful, but if you have sensitive skin, I do not recommend this product.

Biore Baking Soda Acne Scrub

This is my holy grail of acne scrubs. I usually use this one in the shower about once a week, maybe more if I need to. You can feel it working and it smells pretty good for an acne scrub.

St. Ives Acne Control Apricot Scrub

Another scrub I have been using for years. This one is a bit harsher on the skin but is very much worth it. I love the St. Ives products and this one makes my skin very soft and feel refreshed. I would not say I can feel it working in the shower, but I do use it once or twice a week. 

St. Ives Soft Skin Avocado and Honey Scrub

This is a newer product for me, and it is not really for acne, but it makes my skin very soft and glowy. I love it and use it any day I am not using the other two scrubs. My boyfriend also really loves it too.

Burt’s Bees Herbal Complexion Stick

This is an amazing product. I cannot lie it smells like licorice and I do not like licorice. The tea tree oil helps so much with my dark spots and acne flare-ups. I usually use it at night once or twice a week or when I see fit. When I breakout I use it daily at night to help soothe my skin and try and repair it.

Mighty Patch 

These are great. Just place them on the blemish before you go to sleep and wake up and your pimple will be significantly smaller if not gone. I use these religiously when I breakout. You can wear it during the day with invisible ones, but you can still see it and I do not know how that would look for me to go to my classes covered in pimple stickers. 

In conclusion, that is my holy grail of breakout survival products. I also suggest drinking water and doing one or two face masks a week consistently to keep your skin in check. Breakouts happen and they suck, I hope I helped the struggle.

Kiara Rosado

Georgia Southern '21

Kiara Rosado attends Georgia Southern University and is a Public Relations major from Lawrenceville, Georgia. She loves music, movies, makeup, fashion, and food. If you cannot find her on campus check the local coffee shop or the gym. Always dressed to her best and looking for inspiration on what to write next.
Jordan Wheeler

Georgia Southern '22

Jordan Wheeler is a Junior Pre-Law Philosophy major who attends Georgia Southern. Jordan loves writing, singing, and hanging out with friends.