This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Georgia Southern chapter.

Homecoming is here!

We are a little over a month into the school year, the first day of fall was September 22nd and football season is in full swing; It’s safe to say it’s officially homecoming season! Homecoming week is by far my favorite time of the semester. Homecoming week is a time where school spirit is at its peak and student involvement is full circle. There is always something to do on campus everyday and there are free events for students.

The week will be filled with so much fun and school spirit! Homecoming is so much bigger than a football game because campus is so active and interactive. I remember homecoming week of my freshman year and it was so much better than I imagined. It is such a different experience than a high school homecoming because ultimately there are no rules; we’re in college! College students, people that are the same age as you are planning and running things for you! On a campus where everyone loves there university the energy of homecoming week is unmatched and you can feel it. Homecoming week gives us a chance not only to reconnect with old friends but it gives us a chance to meet new people and make new connections. Its a week long on campus party. 

Georgia Southern University’s theme for this years homecoming week is “A Southern Masquerade” and I am super excited! We have a variety of events being hosted and so much fun planned for the week. The men of Collegiate 100 will host a collegiate spin on the MTV show “ Wild N’ Out” with two teams of of members which are students at Georgia Southern. This is just one of the bigger events planned for the week.

At the end of the week we will have the chance to go see some new artist in concert. Keke, do you love me? Are you riding? No, we’re not getting Drake but we will get the City Girls! You’ve never heard of the City Girls? Yes you have! They are featured on Drake’s Song “In My Feelings” and they are also featured in his music videos. Now go re-watch it again! Yes that is them saying “F*** that netflix and chill what’s your net-net-net worth?”. Don’t sleep on The City Girls; they’re gonna be big.

In addition to The City Girls we will also get another female artist by the name of “Lightskin Keisha” as well as the rapper “Trouble”. Our football team will play South Alabama University on Saturday, October 6th and you can bet that I’ll be in the crowd. So whether you go to Georgia Southern or not; make this homecoming week a memorable one for you! You won’t be in college forever so we might as well make the best of the time while we are here. Go buy your jersey’s and concert tickets! Guys, go get that fresh cut! Girls get your hair done because Homecoming 2018 is going to be one to remember. 

Don’t forget to have school spirit and to #HAILSOUTHERN! 

Simone Sanders

Georgia Southern '21

I am a writer for HC at Georgia Southern University.
Jordan Wheeler

Georgia Southern '22

Jordan Wheeler is a Junior Pre-Law Philosophy major who attends Georgia Southern. Jordan loves writing, singing, and hanging out with friends.