samantha gades BlIhVfXbi9s unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
samantha gades BlIhVfXbi9s unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Internship DO’S and DON’TS

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Georgia Southern chapter.

Internships are considered one of the most important events in your life. Many college students tend to think of that dream internship and of there dream job as a once in a life time opportunity. While you’re dreaming of that future internship that could possibly turn into your job of a lifetime, just remember, there are steps to getting there, including the DO’S and DON’TS. Here are a few DO’S and DON’TS that should you always keep in mind.

DO’S

Act professional at all times

Always dress appropriately 

Always send thank you letters to all who interviewed you, and all who helped you get the internship

DON’TS

Don’t wear too tight clothing

Don’t wear heavy cologne, or perfume, it could be a distraction

Don’t expect for internships to always be paid

Francesca Wright

Georgia Southern

Hello my name is Francesca:) 25 years young, Senior, Macon, GA is home for me, Co-host at 9.19 The Buzz My hobbies are reading, writing, singing, MMA(Mixed Martial Arts), music, talking and sleeping(my favorite!) Oan I'm in love with Jesus and Wine! (don't Judge me haha)
Jordan Wheeler

Georgia Southern '22

Jordan Wheeler is a Junior Pre-Law Philosophy major who attends Georgia Southern. Jordan loves writing, singing, and hanging out with friends.