Georgia Southern HOLI 2015

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Georgia Southern chapter.

If you have no idea what Holi is or when that even happened her on our beautiful Georgia Southern Campus then you are truly missing out on some wonderful events being put on here! Georgia Southern University hosted their inaugural Holi celebration just this past Wednesday March 11, 2015 in front of the GSU Bookstore. The event included a special taste of Indian cuisine in the dining commons, lovely Indian dancers, music, interaction and, OF COURSE the crazy wonderful throwing of the colors. Here are a few pictures of what you missed during this Holi celebration! 

Here are a few pictures of our wonderfully talented dancers 

after our dancers were finished helping start our celebration it was time to whip out the colors and start

celebrating our unity and enjoy the wonderful colors all around and over us.

Holi was ultimately very successful, I was covered head to toe with an array of different colors. 

I cannot wait until next year and what more our wonderful university will bring to us in the next year.

I’ll also remember to wear CLOSE TOE shoes next time…

those colors were everywhere, I’m sure every step I took a cloud of chalk dust followed behind me.

Sandra Morales

Georgia Southern

Hi my name is Sandra, I am a 3rd year here at Georgia Southern University studying Spanish and International Studies. I am from Norcross, Ga in Gwinnett County. I am hispanic, my mother is Mexican and my father is Guatemalan. I'm just your average normal college girl looking to make the grade and excell in life after college. I'm a very caring and understanding person who loves making people happy. If you see me around campus don't be shy and say HI :D 
Jordan Wheeler

Georgia Southern '22

Jordan Wheeler is a Junior Pre-Law Philosophy major who attends Georgia Southern. Jordan loves writing, singing, and hanging out with friends.